Wandy

Bigwig re-release #47330

1 hour ago, terragni said:

box art image of re re wiggy with some fake sponsors ?

tamiya-buggy-the-bigwig-2017-kit-47330.jpg

source :

http://www.rcteam.fr/kit-a-monter/24334-tamiya-buggy-the-bigwig-2017-kit-47330.html

terragni

Thanks,

Interesting, 20th Jan release date and euro 220, similar price (slightly cheaper actually) to Supershot then. £185 at current semi decent exchange rate!

Also from France, Le "The Bigwig" Tamiya lol.

http://www.futurheli.com/fr/13307-tamiya-the-bigwig-re-edition-du-modele-1986-edition-limitee-ref-47330.html

Shows original in pic but also Jan availability. So it seems that maybe Tamiya France are happy to let the cat out of the bag now?...how long before other distributors follow suit?!

9 hours ago, terragni said:

box art image of re re wiggy with some fake sponsors ?

source :

http://www.rcteam.fr/kit-a-monter/24334-tamiya-buggy-the-bigwig-2017-kit-47330.html

terragni

So now we get leaked artwork of the actual re-release but still no official announcement! Must admit, I'm not feeling the love for that new wing decal. I'd rather source a repro Dick Cepek decal to replace this new Mooncraft effort.

Looks like this will be one of those that hits the stores at about the same time it is showcased at the Nuremberg fair. At least there won't be a long wait to get one after it has finally been seen on camera.

Judging from the price comparison with the Super Hotshot, it's not unrealistic to believe that this might be able to be bought for around the £160 mark.

• Like 2

drive shafts in new picture are now chunkier like hotshot ones!?!

• Like 1

Wow, tremendous spot if that's the case...the rear tyres look wider on the new box art so that must be genuinely redrawn box art :)

IMG_1124.JPG

• Like 1

Given the box art basis looks identical it looks like they've only redrawn the changes, so sponsor decals, driveshafts and rear tyres which look a touch wider to my eye?!?

edit, maybe it's just the shadow with the mud being lighter in the new one that makes it look bigger!!

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Nitomor said:

edit, maybe it's just the shadow with the mud being lighter in the new one that makes it look bigger!!

To add more to that conspiracy there is also more mud coming off the back wheel in the rere pic so it could mean a bigger tyre...

Or it could just be the rotaional weight of the new heavier driveshafts...

But then there isn't any more coming off the front, but that could be due to the diff still unloading the same amount on that side (other side is either not loosing traction or in the air)...

Discuss... 

• Like 1

They have actually modified the artwork to show the modern driveshafts too? Of all the things to bother with, lol.

• Like 1

On 04/12/2016 at 5:06 PM, Theibault said:
  • Like 1

Hang on is this art work actually from Tamiya? Or are we getting excited over someone's fake bigwig fantasy!:unsure:

Well there's little else to be excited about and it's an awful lot of work for someone for just a hoax! I reckon it's genuine imho, why would a french dealer go to all that trouble?! 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Nitomor said:

Well there's little else to be excited about and it's an awful lot of work for someone for just a hoax! I reckon it's genuine imho, why would a french dealer go to all that trouble?! 

Agreed. It's too detailed to be a fake IMO.

• Like 2

Mmmm let's hope so!:rolleyes: ya right it's been not such an exciting year from Tamiya if it wasn't for kyosho I don't think I'd have bought anything other than another sand Scorcher 

• Like 1

Moffman, I like your phantom quote of me. Very mysterious, like this whole BigWig re release lol.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Theibault said:

Moffman, I like your phantom quote of me. Very mysterious, like this whole BigWig re release lol.

Sorry mate no idea what happened there! My apologies! Me and technology (other than RC cars) should never really mix!:D:unsure:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Wandy said:

Agreed. It's too detailed to be a fake IMO.

Also, the French Tamiya distributor has announced it on their page with the same illustration. It's not as good as an announcement by Tamiya (Japan), but I'd say it's a rather credible source.

• Like 3

I don't think I'm that bothered about this one. There's definitely others I'd rather Tamiya Re Released

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Nitomor said:

There's always one ;)

Haha there sure is. I think its because its one I don't really remember that well. It's a bit strange looking too 

• Like 2

I'm really glad this is about to be re-released, if I remember rightly it was around the time I was moving on from my rc cars ..... more due to the fact I could never afford to upgrade my aging secound hand and rather shot hotshot. Still have great memories of seeing it it the rc guide book I still bought to drool over what I couldn't afford.

At least one for me , after all it's my birthday in Jan.

chris

At the time the bigwig was out I had the boomerang (which I thought was slightly better looking IMO) I think maybe the bigwig was a bit ahead of its time design wise?, Anyway I loved the power the bigwig had as standard form that you got as a deal from beatties so that's what I did with my boomerang!, technigold motor, 8.4v battery (which fitted by moving the battery cage out) hotshot independent front shocks and fully ballraced!.that boomerang had to be the most successful buggy I raced way back in the day ,(not wins but just pure fun :D) in the local school hall on a Friday night! Those days were great no rules on motor size battery size just come and race what ya bring often my boomerang against a wild Willy and a Audi Quattro rally:lol:! Brilliant!!!!

• Like 3