Wandy

Bigwig re-release #47330

Tamiya blog confirms the French press release of Le "The Bigwig" and some other new models too...

http://tamiyablog.com/

Strange the rest of the world haven't caught up, either France have broken an embargo or everyone else is plain late to the party. Document was prepared 28th Nov! Has this gone out a bit early!

French release here...

http://t2m-rc.fr/fichiers/pdf_Notes_Infos/RC/Tamiya/RTAM144_SP.pdf 

• Like 1

I'd like to get one just to build (never built my original nib), but then it seems a waste to sit on the shelf

I have no need to run it because my thundershot's are better and I have loads of spares

There is still a huge amount of enjoyment in building though (and id need to try 8.4v for the first time lol)

So.... still on the fence, i'm glad it's coming regardless whatever I end up doing!

I think the new wing decal would look a lot better if they simply kept the main logo and ditched the "Mooncraft Co Ltd" writing underneath it. That just looks unnecessarily messy but the large logo itself looks pretty cool

• Like 1

Looking forward to this.  Lots of scope to make one of these a really quick runner without ruining the look.  Stealth mods.  Definitely on my list (which is currently empty).

Got to admit I'm looking forward to this one! wondering what brushed motor is going in it? (hopefully it's going to be brushed!) I'm still thinking it's official launch is going to be in February's toy fair?:D

It's already in the details, GT Tuned 25T with a sticker on it a la Avante BS!

• Like 1

I might hold out for the Jun Watanabe edition ;)

No,but seriously, I would love one :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nitomor said:

It's already in the details, GT Tuned 25T with a sticker on it a la Avante BS!

Good as long as it's brushed! Don't need any of that brushless nonsense!:D

help!.......I need more $   haha:)

the u.s.a. im guessing will be getting these late feb.

Looking so much forward getting my hands on one of these. Why the 47xxx line, is that some kind of limited run? Saw the Fighting buggy and 911 gt2, got a second batch in the 47xxx line as well. Mr. t better make plenty of the Bigwig 😳

• Like 1

Noun 1. bigwig - the most important person in a group or undertakingbigwig - the most important person in a group or undertaking
important person, influential person, personage - a person whose actions and opinions strongly influence the course of events

bigwig

noun (Informal) important person, somebody, celebrity, heavyweight (informal), notable, big name, mogul, big gun(informal), dignitary, celeb (informal), big shot (informal), personage, nob (slang), big cheese (slang, old-fashioned), big noise (informal), big hitter (informal), heavy hitter (informal), panjandrum, notability, V.I.P. a former communist bigwig

The Big Syrup of Figs doesn't quite have the same ring to it lol!! ;)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Klausen said:

Why the 47xxx line, is that some kind of limited run?

I guess so. I'm afraid Bigwig re-re seems limited edition.
I would appreciate if Tamiya don't discontinue it at least for a few years or change it to regular produced items.

After some youtubeing of bigwig vids last night I must say it's starting to grow on me slightly. Come january I'll probably think it's actually cool, not just plain weird. 

• Like 2

Still can't believe it's actually coming out in January? I thought something like the bigwig would have been a prime show model for February Nuremberg toy fair:)!

Tamiya has a long and proud history of being highly nihocentric, so the NTF probably doesn't show up on their corporate radar as a Big Thing.

8 minutes ago, moffman said:

Still can't believe it's actually coming out in January? I thought something like the bigwig would have been a prime show model for February Nuremberg toy fair:)!

I wouldn't be surprised if it actually came out in March, April, May... we've seen delays from leaked release timings like that recently with other re-re's.

I'm excited to pick up a genuine (albeit re-re) brand new body.  Honestly I'm not sure if I'll buy a kit, given the box layout standard of recent re-re's (just a bunch of parts in a box).  If they were to do a really nice job of presentation like we've seen in some other re-releases (ie Sand Scorcher, Buggy Champ, etc) I'd probably grab one.  Otherwise I'll probably just grab a body, chassis, subchassis, F parts, wheels... to have around maybe to restore a rough vintage one to make a runner.  Of course, if the total cost of those parts adds up to about the cost of a kit I may get one anyway and just part it out amongst other projects.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, beefmuffin said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it actually came out in March, April, May... we've seen delays from leaked release timings like that recently with other re-re's.

I'm excited to pick up a genuine (albeit re-re) brand new body.  Honestly I'm not sure if I'll buy a kit, given the box layout standard of recent re-re's (just a bunch of parts in a box).  If they were to do a really nice job of presentation like we've seen in some other re-releases (ie Sand Scorcher, Buggy Champ, etc) I'd probably grab one.  Otherwise I'll probably just grab a body, chassis, subchassis, F parts, wheels... to have around maybe to restore a rough vintage one to make a runner.  Of course, if the total cost of those parts adds up to about the cost of a kit I may get one anyway and just part it out amongst other projects.

Must admit I think ya bang on with the box layout! The first few re-re's had dare I say a bit more care in the presentation! I'm not blaming Tamiya after all its probably done to keep costs down and your more likely to build and use it if it doesn't look like a piece of art in its box thus buying spare part's etc (admittedly doesn't stop me building them however neat and nice it's packed:D). changing the subject slightly what's going on with kyosho vintage range? Just browsing the internet looking at different shops on "coming soon" products and noticed that the turbo scorpion has went from a Dec/Jan release to a may 2017 date?? What's all that about:huh:!

1 hour ago, moffman said:

Must admit I think ya bang on with the box layout! The first few re-re's had dare I say a bit more care in the presentation! I'm not blaming Tamiya after all its probably done to keep costs down and your more likely to build and use it if it doesn't look like a piece of art in its box thus buying spare part's etc (admittedly doesn't stop me building them however neat and nice it's packed:D). changing the subject slightly what's going on with kyosho vintage range? Just browsing the internet looking at different shops on "coming soon" products and noticed that the turbo scorpion has went from a Dec/Jan release to a may 2017 date?? What's all that about:huh:!

RC Jaz has pre order on the turbo scorpion , i saw the other day :D .