Wandy

Bigwig re-release #47330

One thing is for sure...while the masses patiently wait for the official release there are those who are prepared to pay almost vintage level pricesĀ for the few that have made it onto the market.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-10-NIB-TAMIYA-Electric-RC-THE-BIGWIG-2017-BUGGY-OFFROAD-RARE-NEW-/332077154234?hash=item4d51573fba:g:5sEAAOSwEzxYZ0DU

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222367498359?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

• Like 1

Loved the original but wasn't able to afford it at 14! So excited about the re-release, will be ordering this as soon as I can.

Just noticed Tony's has the mooncraft wheels up on the bay already, very tempted but strange he has them befoure any other seller when there is still no news of the kit in the uk yet?

3 hours ago, chriss76 said:

Just noticed Tony's has the mooncraft wheels up on the bay already, very tempted but strange he has them befoure any other seller when there is still no news of the kit in the uk yet?

Ā 

TJD models in Dartford have them listed.

http://www.tjdmodels.com/tamiya-bigwig-2017-rerelease-p-26016.html

I'm certainley interested in the Bigwig, dad couldn't afford one in the 80's :(

8 hours ago, chriss76 said:

Yer , I did see that last night . Was wondering why he already had them , Before the bigwig was released ?.

Does this mean , he has bigwigs in stock ?? maybe . But has to wait for release date .. HA who knowsĀ Ā 

This is certainly turning into one of the strangest releases from Tamiya. First we see kits released in certain markets and now we have some spare parts, and yet the company themselves have not even acknowledged that it has been released. Truly bizarre.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Wandy said:

This is certainly turning into one of the strangest releases from Tamiya. First we see kits released in certain markets and now we have some spare parts, and yet the company themselves have not even acknowledged that it has been released. Truly bizarre.

All we need now is the rumour that Tamiya isn't going to announce it at all, that it won't be re-released and that the kits and parts out there is all we will see of the Bigwig. EVER! :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mokei Kagaku said:

All we need now is the rumour that Tamiya isn't going to announce it at all, that it won't be re-released and that the kits and parts out there is all we will see of the Bigwig. EVER! :P

Don't tempt fate, lol.

Seriously though, there has got to be an announcement this month, you would think?

9 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Don't tempt fate, lol.

Seriously though, there has got to be an announcement this month, you would think?

Like I said earlier I think it's going to be announced officially at the Nuremberg toy fair! But like wandy said it is "truly bizarre" how we have pictures of it in Canada, parts on eBay but (can only speak for the uk) no indication what so ever that it even been re-re'd?, Bit knaff really and I'm a bit bored with it now:rolleyes:!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, moffman said:

Like I said earlier I think it's going to be announced officially at the Nuremberg toy fair! But like wandy said it is "truly bizarre" how we have pictures of it in Canada, parts on eBay but (can only speak for the uk) no indication what so ever that it even been re-re'd?, Bit knaff really and I'm a bit bored with it now:rolleyes:!

Everyone at Tamiya is like "Oh I thought Carl was taking care of that." and Carl's like "Wait, what? I've been huffing a little too much PS-1 lately. Ā My bad."

• Like 7

tower still has them for late feb..and they have it listed in the "RTR section"....why would they do something dumb like that?...it is not RTR..it's a kit.

Let's just have that Bigwig now. Tired of rumors, few kits here and there and waiting. I was super exited at first, but this weird acting from Tamiya, really annoys me know.

• Like 1

I feel the same, though I'm sure all will be forgiven when the **** things turn up!!

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chickenman242tk said:

Has anyone here got one yet? Surely someone has bought one by now....

gpgp01 has one.

Ā 

Post and pics on page 9 of this thread.

Tamiya doesn't need to do an "official" press release. All they had to do was "leak" the info, and places like this went nuts. Everyone started asking their dealers for them, creating the demand in the dealers eyes. No cost to Tamiya, yet the demand is building. That's good business ;)

• Like 1

My Tower Hobbies order was just charged and is being prepared for shipment. Ā Currently showing in stock with limited quantities. Ā $248.99 before various available coupons. Ā 

RCMart has it listed now for $179.90. Ā No stock, but has a note saying in stock before end of Jan 2017.

Nothing listed at Stella's yet.

This is really frustrating. Every day I have to search the internet on the grounds that the Bigwig MAY beĀ on sale in the uk?Ā 

GrrrrrrrrrrĀ :angry:

Modelsport said on Facebook to expect news after the upcoming Nuremberg Toy Fair on Feb 1stĀ 

18 minutes ago, Newsh said:

Modelsport said on Facebook to expect news after the upcoming Nuremberg Toy Fair on Feb 1stĀ 

Just got back from there. Thanks.

Found this

Wow :DĀ 

• Like 1