Wandy

Bigwig re-release #47330

29 minutes ago, christam said:

Just got back from there. Thanks.

Found this

Wow :D 

Nice one - thanks for the heads up

Got a lovely surprise call from Fusion today, my order is all in thank you Joanne :) 

• Like 1

I know this is might be an odd question but, as I only need a few parts bags and screws to complete my Bigwig project, what does everyone think the resale value will be for all the parts trees, parts bags, screw bags, body sets, etc.? I'm just wondering if it'll be cheaper for me to just wait for sellers to split the kits or to buy a kit myself... to then have all those spares sit in the box because I generally don't sell my stuff. :D

Looking forward to seeing the build threads and the pictures. :)
I hovered over the preorder button, but resisted for the moment. I've got trucks to build, cars to finish, and I'm not sure if I'm excited to have a Bigwig, or just want want because of all the re-re excitement :lol:

Going to pre-order one, but not sure if I want to build it. Might keep it shiny in the box

I'm interested to see what the price will be here. If it's in Super Hotshot territory I might order from the UK as the prices given here is about a £100 less than that of a Super Hotshot in Norway. 

£189.99 at the retailers that have it up for pre-order 

Thats a very decent price given where sterling sits currently - i was expecting more like £230-250 to be honest.  

I enjoyed refurbishing my original, but remember the painting and decals weren't the easiest by any means. And it was a weighty brute lol!

• Like 1

Unfortunately my bigwig fund has been destroyed by the fact that I had to fix my full size car so I won't be ordering one until I save up again. Ahh well I'll just have to be patient for a couple more months till I get the funds again. 

The Hobby Company, (Tamiya's UK importer) have stock of the Bigwig arriving 7th Feb.

There will be no ESC supplied with with any of the kits.

Tony's Tamiya Parts on ebay, already have some parts in stock, with the rest to arrive soon.

They will also do the Kits for £170, posted in the UK. (International please ask)

17 hours ago, Supercoolnothing said:

Unfortunately my bigwig fund has been destroyed by the fact that I had to fix my full size car so I won't be ordering one until I save up again. Ahh well I'll just have to be patient for a couple more months till I get the funds again. 

that sucks man...im in the same boat.....but I gatta replace stupid ball joints in real car/truck.....I hope I can score one before they are discontinued....I was upset that I missed the novafox....that got discontinued super fast!!

1 hour ago, europro975 said:

The Hobby Company, (Tamiya's UK importer) have stock of the Bigwig arriving 7th Feb.

There will be no ESC supplied with with any of the kits.

Tony's Tamiya Parts on ebay, already have some parts in stock, with the rest to arrive soon.

They will also do the Kits for £170, posted in the UK. (International please ask)

That's an excellent price Anthony ;);)

Just ordered mine here in the states. I might be the first guy in Texas to own a re-re Bigwig! Can't wait, never had one as a kid, just keep adding Tamiya cars to my collection that I wished I had as a kid!

its been in Singapore for sometime, but the prices from the official distributor tend to be quite prohibitive. I would think that most Tamiya RC fans would either wait, get it off a alternative parallel import shop(at Orchard Plaza), or buy online from HK.

WOW , stella has it for $255. US . I think towers is cheaper  $219. Or with discount $199. :( .

Shipping seems to be the killer to OZ atm.

This wasn't the case several years ago, anyway t's a must have so I think take it on the chin.

Anyone else find the Bigwig kinda cheap? I mean, for being what it was (top car at its time plus the 10th anniversary car) I expected it to be priced at Super Hot Shot levels. The price seems quite reasonable to me.

On 27 January 2017 at 1:52 PM, huasze said:

its been in Singapore for sometime, but the prices from the official distributor tend to be quite prohibitive. I would think that most Tamiya RC fans would either wait, get it off a alternative parallel import shop(at Orchard Plaza), or buy online from HK.

How's Aunty Winnie @ S'wan going these days? :)