Wandy

Bigwig re-release #47330

Completely agree. The old photos = professional looking studio shots, the new photos = someone quickly snapped a sterile digital pic to throw up online last minute. The cars seem to be treated somewhat gently in the new promos. They're run in "safe" places instead of the beach. Nothing is dynamic in the new ones and its shot in real time, no cool slow motion shots. Honestly, Matteo's Tamiya videos are 100% better IMO.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Snappy1 said:

Mine arrived today, now what to do.... build, keep NIB  ?

You forgot 3rd option , give it to me :lol: . 

• Like 1

that official bigwig video is lame .... they don't make stuff like they use to....where is the guy saying how cool looking and how it handles the jumps so awesomely?

5 minutes ago, skinned said:

that official bigwig video is lame .... they don't make stuff like they use to....where is the guy saying how cool looking and how it handles the jumps so awesomely?

LOL just mute the new video and play this one in the background.  Corny voice-over achieved!

• Like 6

On 12/28/2016 at 3:29 AM, chevelle said:
8 hours ago, bjorklo said:

Finally I got round to pre order one kit. 166 Euros inkl shipping from tamico, is not to bad. Now it's just to wait... 

Me too!  First time I have ever preordered a tamiya.  166 is a great deal.  Mine will come from Tamico too but at 193 incl shipping to France.  The Bigwig was the car I wanted but settled on the Boomer back in 1988.  The hobby shop had suggested that the Bigwig was too powerful for a beginner.  

Now if only that new batch of Boomers make it here to Europe..... 

• Like 1

That new video is pretty uninspiring.  Considering the technology we have today, that 80s video wins hands down.  Matteo's videos are much better.  The proof is that even tamiyausa has used them to promote their cars.   I believe it was for the mf-01x Mercedes cabrio

• Like 1

There's a lot of folks saying 'That Tamiya video is not very good because Matteo's is better'.  Well I watched the Tamiya video and still thought it is pretty good, I think maybe we take Matteo's videos for granted a bit - his videos are A+++ !   even if you took Tamiya's original videos and shot them exactly the same but with new HD tech they are still not going to be as awesome as a Matteo video.

That aside I agree that the original stuff seemed to be of a higher calibre, although maybe the production team behind it are now retired - or even deceased!   lets give the new crowd a chance.  I think the new video has some good moments and maybe with some constructive critiscm they can improve for the Top Force Re Re Re Re video :)

2 hours ago, gt6++ said:

That new video is pretty uninspiring.  Considering the technology we have today, that 80s video wins hands down.  Matteo's videos are much better.

Expecting any serious effort from Tamiya, guys?

C'mon, they're still too busy milking the minutes of brilliance from back in the day to really put themselves to think and develop anything as exciting and groundbreaking as their --now classic- achievements.

• Like 2

Now I'm kind of honked off that Tower is out of stock and saying over a month for a resupply, especially when I'm seeing Horizon and several other rc stores in the USA having them in stock. I hate to cancel my order considering the $20 discount with coupons. 

8 hours ago, beefmuffin said:

LOL just mute the new video and play this one in the background.  Corny voice-over achieved!

That's what I loved about the original SRB video the voice over guy who keeps on pausing when he's obviously turning the page of what he is reading:D! Wonder what he's voicing over now (if indeed he's still with us:unsure:?)

5 hours ago, NWarty said:

Now I'm kind of honked off that Tower is out of stock and saying over a month for a resupply, especially when I'm seeing Horizon and several other rc stores in the USA having them in stock. I hate to cancel my order considering the $20 discount with coupons. 

wait. its been 30 years. what's another month?

• Like 1

Wow, Tamico got the Bigwig batch today, and now it's gone.. that went fast.. 

23 hours ago, skinned said:

I tend to agree, its still a nice video, not as great as the avante re-release videos, they were awsome. 

Mine shipped from Tamico today. Now I will go sit by the mailbox ☺☺☺

meh, in the uk we have to wait until the 20th for release date, hope that doesn't slip further!

Mine has shipped from tamico too.:D

Seidel has them in stock for 10$ less if you can convince them to ship outside DE.  I think the bigwig does not come with an ESC so technically there are no electronics in the kit....

Thanks to my previous employer giving me back my pension contributions I'm going to have a few quid extra floating about so I'll be ordering myself one as soon as they're available in the UK. 

20 hours ago, jupitertwo said:

It's still showing up with a direct link (http://tamico.de/navi.php?a=172903&lang=eng) but yeah, search doesn't find it.

Though a certain Top Force did show up :)http://tamico.de/Tamiya-Top-Force-2017-Bausatz-300047350

17 hours ago, Klausen said:

They are still in stock at Tamico.de 

Sorry my bad.. i assumed they were out since it didn't show in the search

My time lapse build. Give it a thumbs up on YouTube and be sure to subscribe to my channel to be notified of the run video!

• Like 12

very nice time lapse build. everything laid out nicely and neatly. and a proper table!

now i know why i take so long to build stuff. mine comes out, i build 1 step, it goes back into the box, and i build another step some days/weeks/months later.

• Like 1