Wandy

Bigwig re-release #47330

5 hours ago, huasze said:

very nice time lapse build. everything laid out nicely and neatly. and a proper table!

now i know why i take so long to build stuff. mine comes out, i build 1 step, it goes back into the box, and i build another step some days/weeks/months later.

That would look cool with time lapse.  Just don't film the month in between ;)

• Like 1

I have a BigWig on the way to me, postman should deliver on Monday hopefully.  Got in just in time before the price rise :o and grabbed a 40th anniversary Jaerger while I was there.... ;)

Roll on Monday so!!

• Like 2

Theibault how long did the build take and did you do it in one sitting?

• Like 1

Just waiting for my pension refund money to come in and then fusion hobbies will be getting a wee phone call to order mine. I'm tempted to get some repro decals to give it the classic bigwig livery because I really don't like the made up sponsorship decals on the re-re's 

23 minutes ago, Supercoolnothing said:

Just waiting for my pension refund money to come in and then fusion hobbies will be getting a wee phone call to order mine. I'm tempted to get some repro decals to give it the classic bigwig livery because I really don't like the made up sponsorship decals on the re-re's 

Interesting fact! Apparently "Moon Craft" is the company of the original designer of the Bigwig body. So even though the current decals released with the kit aren't the same as the ones 30 years ago, they still aren't made up and in fact are "genuine", if you'd like to call it that. :) 

58 minutes ago, Supercoolnothing said:

That's what I did SuperC. I ordered repros from MCI so I can have the Richard Cepek logo and Pennzoils 

Well I received mine a few only a few days after ordering and for the first time ever it arrived shrink wrapped! I think my wife thinks I'm crazy I was estatic. Trouble is now if I want to open one I'll have to order another.

Could  think of worse dilemmas right now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, amica said:

Theibault how long did the build take and did you do it in one sitting?

About four and a half hours as I was taking my time as it would be on video. I did it in one sitting with two cigarette and Redbull breaks.

• Like 2

On 17/02/2017 at 4:30 PM, Quandry said:

I have a BigWig on the way to me, postman should deliver on Monday hopefully.  Got in just in time before the price rise :o and grabbed a 40th anniversary Jaerger while I was there.... ;)

Roll on Monday so!!

I was umming and argging at buying the Bigwig there and then, already have one pre ordered elsewhere, kind of wish I did now given Tamicos price. Grabbed the Jagermeister in a heartbeat though :D

Got the email from modelsport uk today saying that they have them in stock (fusion are saying the end of March on their website) so pulled the trigger on mine about half an hour or so ago and I'm getting it delivered tomorrow. I can't wait. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Supercoolnothing said:

Got the email from modelsport uk today saying that they have them in stock (fusion are saying the end of March on their website) so pulled the trigger on mine about half an hour or so ago and I'm getting it delivered tomorrow. I can't wait. 

Mine is on it's way from Fusion today so they appear to have sold out their entire 1st batch. The end of March must be when they are getting their second batch.

• Like 1

Got my email dispatch notification from Modelsport also. Will be delivered tomorrow at my work address :D

2 hours ago, christam said:

Got my email dispatch notification from Modelsport also. Will be delivered tomorrow at my work address :D

My one's going to my work as well, easier to smuggle it into the house on Friday when her ladyship is at work 

My preorder was on with the first batch of Fusion, also going to my work, hope that arrives before the weekend! Was originally meant to be released on 4th feb which went out to 21st. Sounds like they've hit the UK importer now then.

do we all have them shipped to our work?...haha

rcmart has plenty 20+  for $180.00 plus shipping..

Well i was going to buy a bigwig or 2 or 3 . BUT with the price hike at Stella of about $75 US . I won't be :( .

Will save my money instead ..  Maybe get an Avante ! Or just stop RC all together .

WOW, I picked up my pre order from Stella for $155, not the current $255 US

whuttda... Stella playing funnyburgers?!! :blink: $255!

They were definitely $179 when I last looked on Wednesday, page said stock arriving 23rd.

58 minutes ago, Snappy1 said:

WOW, I picked up my pre order from Stella for $155, not the current $255 US

Me too.. its a nice price if your purchasing 1 kit.

I feel like I have heard in the past where Stella puts the price up when preorders are sold through.  I may be wrong but that is a big jump in price if that isn't the case!

Do you think that this may be the end of a very limited run of Bigwigs ?

1 hour ago, Snappy1 said:

Do you think that this may be the end of a very limited run of Bigwigs ?

It's funny you mention this as I was just thinking that today while talking to my friend about it. Being a 47xxx series kit it is possible it could be a limited special release even though the limited edition items/kits usually carry a 84xxx part number ex/ 84399. It would make sense for Tamiya to keep this kit very limited due to the historical significance it carries for the brand. Either way this is all speculation and there could very well be another 500+  international kits on the way :)