Wandy

Bigwig re-release #47330

2 hours ago, matman said:

WOW , stella has it for $255. US . I think towers is cheaper  $219. Or with discount $199. :( .

Say, whut?

what time did you see $255?

I looked morning today and they had just listed up, but showing $0

now I look... nothing there anymore

2 hours ago, WillyChang said:

How's Aunty Winnie @ S'wan going these days? :)

Still going strong despite shifting to a smaller place 2 doors down. She has her stash of loyal customers. Singapore is in bit of a recession though.

I just paid for my pre order with Stella, with a $100 us discount, so $155 us, I am very happy with that price, it worked out cheaper than the 40th ann Porsche

• Like 1

I think HK(where rcmart/stella are based) is the cheapest place in the world for Tamiya stuff. Occasionally, when the Yen weakens, Japan is cheaper. Kyosho tends to be cheapest in Japan even if the yen is strong. Singapore, where I stay, is pretty decent too from S'wan@orchard plaza(yes, I'm a fan!), though the official distributors sell at strangely inflated prices. 

13 hours ago, WillyChang said:

Say, whut?

what time did you see $255?

I looked morning today and they had just listed up, but showing $0

now I look... nothing there anymore

When i put up the post it was $255. , as i looked at it & posted it here  right away . 

BUT NOW It's $179.  . So it's better . Would have liked it to have been $155. that Snappy1 payed . At that price i would buy

3 of them :D . 

• Like 1

Got an email from Modelsport earlier regarding my pre order. The expected due date has been put back from the 8th Feb to 21st Feb.

Just received this info too, what a strange release. I note earlier in the thread that the tub has 1986-2016 stamped on it. How strange that they miss the anniversary and launch in 2017 with 2017 written on the box! Bizarre!!

Had one of these heavy but a good drive. Got a 8.5t brushless combo with its name on this. It's been the re re I've been waiting on at a good price too.

carl

Wasn't go to bother with this one but after seeing the photos of it and the cat xls my theory of giving my pocket a rest this year has just bit the dust (dam those RC manufacturers) oh well those holes in my shoes look as though there going to get bigger and can you survive on bread and water?:D:unsure:!

• Like 2

219 usd on tower. Before all their coupons and ecash.  Cost for those in USA after all those vouchers should be 170 or less!

Hey guys, 

I'm looking for a new project and am wondering how the Bigwig compares to the Hotshot? At the same price point and both 4wd, which one do you prefer?

thanks 

2 hours ago, NWarty said:

Hey guys, 

I'm looking for a new project and am wondering how the Bigwig compares to the Hotshot? At the same price point and both 4wd, which one do you prefer?

thanks 

BIGWIG all the way!!

• Like 2

I like the looks of the classic Hot Shot better but with all the added features of the Bigwig at the same price point, its hard to pass up. As far as mechanicals, they share the same drivetrain.

Well, just put in my order with Tower so I hope to see it soon :) 

EDIT: Dangit, they're back-ordered but another shipment should arrive any day now. Tower is saying early Feb. 

On 1/19/2017 at 7:51 PM, Chilihook said:

I noticed that as well. Figured I wouldn't take a chance and have Tamiya do another short run on me and decided to buy a second car to keep NIB and they were sold out..

Oh well... Guess that moneys going toward Tomahawk. 

Finally I got round to pre order one kit. 166 Euros inkl shipping from tamico, is not to bad. Now it's just to wait... 

• Like 1

Mine arrived today, now what to do.... build, keep NIB  ?

• Like 1

Build, surely? A Bigwig build thread wouldn't hurt either :) @Snappy1

+ on a side note, the new official video looks kinda lacklustre compared to the original. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Robert5000 said:

Build, surely? A Bigwig build thread wouldn't hurt either :) @Snappy1

+ on a side note, the new official video looks kinda lacklustre compared to the original. 

This is my biggest bugbear!, If you look at the brilliant quality of the original videos and photos although the videos are a bit grainy you could watch them time and time again and the photos (in the RC guide books) just look so good with the box art in the top corner they just make you want every RC car in that guide book! (Even the one's ya don't want:rolleyes:), Now compare them to the promotional videos and photos of the rc's from the current range (especially the awful photo's of the sand scorcher and super hot shot:unsure: ) need I say anymore! 

• Like 1