This is probably an old chestnut but my Brat rerelease rolls over so easy its hilarious. I understand the science etc and has anyone managed a mod or hop up to stop it? I'm using the rigid shell seeing number 1 son pilfered the lexan one. I have never had so much fun at all with a rc car, but I worry the flip will happen on tarmac so perhaps some quality rims for tarmac may be in order. Let me know your thoughts..

John

I think the Lexan body was meant to be the "mod" to help with that, actually. It's just top-heavy and narrow, and so with any traction at all, it rolls over. Best thing you can do is either run it on loose surfaces like sand, so you slide instead of flipping, or just take it easy and learn to enjoy it at lower speeds.

• Like 2

I'd agree with that lowering the centre of gravity. I've studied the camber on the wheels and I think the front end is the weekest link with it. I think the wheel needs negative camber so the top of the tyre is closer the chassis and the bottom out so at least on a hard corner more tyre contact would take place and the spring force would push it back. Defo needs dampers though to control the bounce. Great car though. I suppose it will even worse when I try to get a sandscorcher body on it.

After recently finishing my Monster Beetle body etc and seeing just how heavy that is, no wander these things are unstable !! lol. Needless to say I will be buying a lexan version of the bug to paint and pop on, so that its a more stable runner.

James

:)

Honestly, it's their nature being top heavy and having a HCG. The best mod is throttle control. Cheap too! :)

yes..i broke many servo savers because of tipping then cart rolling...until I learned to have a light trigger finger.....It did not help that I had a radon 30,000 rpm motor in it....LOL

My Frog tended to roll over at the slightest provocation...

I installed 2.2 blackfoot wheels with pro-line street tires and most of the problem went away.  It looks funny, but it solved the problem...

Terry

you could try reducing the rate on the steering, ( if your tx has that function ) or reduce the throw distance / connect the push rod on the servo closer to the spline. 

It's mainly flipped when I've come off throttle and slowed and turned and its the hooking of the front wheel what seems every time to start the ****** rolling. I've seen some where on a Tamiya rc car there is an anti rollbar and I reckon the other option is to de-independent that front suspension. I daren't take it on tarmac without road tyres. Its an ace car though.