Sign in to follow this  
drakos

1.75 buggy tires?

got my "new" falcon in house but the tires are dry rotten and hard as can be.

measured the rims and they are around 1.75inch at the beat front and rear? correct?

what tire alternatives are out there?
and what cars use the same size? (for reference for others with the same size wheels)

found for the rear jconceps 1.7. will these fit?
and the jconcept 1.9 ribbed for the front? (to big but maybe they stretch a litlle on 1.9)

really want to stick with the stock wheels and rather make tires fit than change to a decent size wheel.^_^

I have some NOS Falcon front tires and NOS original front and rear wheels to sell. Both yellow and white.  I wouldn't recommend buying though unless the original look means a LOT more to you than wear, traction, handling and ground clearance.

Original wheels and tires are of course very appropriate for a shelf queen, but for running  Falcon, I would highly recommend converting to modern wheels and tires. The originals were completely inferior to most alternatives even "back then", and even the best tires at that time are garbage compared to modern ones in terms of traction and handling. Team Losi expressed in an article in the early nineties that the by far biggest development in RC-cars for the coming years would be in tire technology. Few would question that now.

As stated in another thread, all the other shortcomings of the Falcon will stop it from being competitive even with the "best" tires, but for general running, few, probably no modifications will change the handling of the Falcon more than the swap from original or period correct tires, to modern ones.  As far as I know, no other tires fit the Falcon wheels acceptably well other than the original ones.

thanks for the reply,
kind off already kew the outcome of the question but was worth the try.:rolleyes:

made tires fit in the past but those were for crawlers, on soft buggy tires the glue probably give's a hard spot that is even worse for handling than the rock hard stock tires

i wil take the advise and swap to a bit more modern size wheels. ;)

any tips on what to go for that can be equipt with decent aftermarket tires? 1.9 or 2.0 have my preference, tried 2.2 but that just looks wrong to me.