Pintopower

MIP Super Ball Diff for Tamiya ORV Cars now on Sale!

It is with great joy that I post this today. After over 30 years of patches and old, over-priced slipping ball differentials, I am so happy to announce that MIP Products in Southern California has solved the diff problem for good. Folks, tomorrow the MIP Super Ball Diff will go on pre-sale on their website.

Part Page (where you will add to cart)

http://www.miponline.com/store/mip16210.html

Presales Page (where you will find the promo codes)

http://www.miponline.com/store/miptamiyainfo.html

Remember to type in promo codes before you check out to get the $42 USD cost. Continental USA gets free shipping, global is flat rate so if you order more than one, it is the same cost. 

The following video will explain everything

https://youtu.be/Ugnm-dX0ekc

This is how it is going to work. The pre-sale will go on for 3 weeks. In those 3 weeks, a minimum order quantity of 250 must be reached. You will place your order with MIP and your credit card will be charged. When that happens, the diff goes on to full on production as soon as they reach their goal. It will be manufactured in house and then mailed from their facility in Covina, California to you directly. Shipping is estimated to start early January 2017. Once this milestone has been hit, MIP has many more upgrades planned for Tamiya cars. This diff is just the start.

If we do not hit 250 in 3 week, the project is cancelled. Your credit cards will be completely refunded and there will continue to be nothing for the ORV.

I have been working with them for years to try and convince them of the market for these vintage cars. You may recall my early post about this and sadly, a number of “patches” for the ORV as well as early production cost estimates made the project lose steam. With the advent of the 2016 BF and many, many nagging meeting with them, they decided to create the single greatest needed part for any RC car ever.

This is what you need to know about the diff:

1.       Designed to work with the 2015 Monster Beetle and 2016 Blackfoot

a.       This simply means it needs the new Tamiya universal axles 53908 Frog 2005 Assembly Univ axles

2.       Will not work with the dog bone version

3.       Will not work with the hex drive version

4.       Requires Tamiya item number 9335026 “RC Diff Spur & C. Gear: 58060 - X9954” for Frog, Brat and Lancia Rally

a.       Will also need a 16 tooth pinion

5.       ZERO modification to anything on your vehicle, vintage or RERE

6.       Completely independent of the transmission not needing alu. plates for support

Here is the compatibility information:

All compatible ORV Cars with 9335026 “RC Diff Spur & C. Gear: 58060 - X9954 and 53908 Frog 2005 Assembly Univ axles & 16 tooth Pinion

Subaru Brat : 58038 ( original ) & 58384 (rere)

Lancia Rally: 58040

Frog: 58041 ( original ) & 58354 (rere)

All compatible ORV Cars with only 53908 Frog 2005 Assembly Univ axles 

Blackfoot: 58058

Monster Beetle: 58060

Mudblaster: 58077

Direct drop in: 

2015 Monster Beetle: 58618

2016 Blackfoot: 58633

I am sure you want to know how much.

Week one: $42 + Free Shipping in Continental USA, Flat Rate worldwide with Code “oldskool30”

Week two: $48 + Free Shipping in Continental USA, Flat Rate worldwide with Code “vintage20”

Week three: $54 + Shipping in Continental USA, Flat Rate worldwide with Code “late10”

Retail price once in sale is $60 + Shipping

You might be asking who is this “MIP”?. Moores Innovative Products was founded in 1978 and is no stranger to upgraded Tamiya parts. Anyone remember the 4WD SRB? That was them. They were around through the golden age of RC, survived the late 90’s and is one of the last companies that designs, engineers, tests, manufactures and ships from their facility in Southern California. They make upgraded and OEM parts for buggies as large as 1/5th for many of the manufacturer of high end RC cars today. In summary, they make the best stuff you can get and it is all made in the USA.

As you can imagine, I am very excited about this and I hope you are as well. I really need your help getting the word out so that we can make this an unmitigated success. I will post links to the info page as well as the presales page as soon as they are finished. I also requested some updated model pictures from them and will post soon. Please let me know if you have any questions and I know we will hit our minimum goal.

I don’t know about you but I have been wanting a solution to this diff since I put my monster beetle away in 1996 with a ruined gearbox.  

Just so you know, I do not work for them, I have simply been working to have them better understand the vintage RC car owners better and create a solution that would benefit the most people while giving them the best options for the driveline on the ORV. Remember, this is just the beginning. I know what is next, and it is awesome.

Alberto

• Like 9

Next? Don't tell, you are also in contact with C.R.P. ...

1 minute ago, waterbok said:

Next? Don't tell, you are also in contact with C.R.P. ...

Haha, no no I mean what is next for MIP and vintage Tamiya. Want a hint? What do you use to look at the stars? Don't you hate it when your "clutch slips?". 

1 minute ago, Jim_GT-R said:

Ooh this sounds good. Really need a ball diff for my 2015 MB. :) cannot wait !!

James

:)

Same here. Is the whole pre-sales thing clear? I want to make sure everyone understands how this will work. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jim_GT-R said:

I was going to ask about the different prices etc? And how we go about buying/ordering one?

James

:)

Well it will make more sense when I can show you the website. To entice people to pre-order, there are incentives for week one, week 2 and week 3. As the weeks progress, the discount goes down. If you order one tomorrow, you will add the quantity you want to cart and before you check out, add the code  oldschool30 . If i wasn't copying and pasting, it would have said week one, 2 & 3. Ill fix that. Make more sense? My fault man, i'm sorry. 

• Like 1

This is a great opportunity to solve the problem of these weak gear differentials.

I probably pick up two of them.

Max

16 minutes ago, kontemax said:

This is a great opportunity to solve the problem of these weak gear differentials.

I probably pick up two of them.

Max

Yeah, I cant wait.

There goes my Christmas budget!

The worst part about this is that I'm going to have to get a third ORV to put this in!

Thanks!

Terry

4 minutes ago, kontemax said:

Will this ball diff metric or imperial?

Max

Oh jeez....METRIC! 

3 minutes ago, Frog Jumper said:

There goes my Christmas budget!

Thanks!

Terry

Lol!

Well 1st of all , THANKS PINTOPOWER , for your persistence . 

Now how many do i need or is that want ? who knows .  I'm thinking about 5 should do .

$210 , plus postage & then exchange rate wow , but it will be worth it .

Thanks again pintopower for all your effort in bringing the dream alive , with a 2016 balldiff

dream , that we all wanted & with the hotshot , boomerang etc could also have :D . 

If this goes through i might actually get a monster beetle and relive my childhood. I had a thorp ball diff in mine and even though it bounced around it was a fun truck

1 hour ago, matman said:

Well 1st of all , THANKS PINTOPOWER , for your persistence . 

Now how many do i need or is that want ? who knows .  I'm thinking about 5 should do .

$210 , plus postage & then exchange rate wow , but it will be worth it .

Thanks again pintopower for all your effort in bringing the dream alive , with a 2016 balldiff

dream , that we all wanted & with the hotshot , boomerang etc could also have :D . 

Don't thank me just yet. If 250 don't sell, I think I would have ruined christmas! They are looking at the Hotshot next as well as any car that has a similar set up. But first, more upgrades for the ORV are in line....Spread the word!

52 minutes ago, Rb4276 said:

If this goes through i might actually get a monster beetle and relive my childhood. I had a thorp ball diff in mine and even though it bounced around it was a fun truck

Man it had better. Remember, if this does not succeed, your credit card is refunded. Thankfully, it will succeed since I am posting on every forum and page and youtube channel out there. I am sure everyone will hate me when it is done BUT I will have 7 ball diffs on my ORV's so I don't care!! BALL DIFF!

I am excited in case you couldn't tell.

4 hours ago, Pintopower said:

Completely independent of the transmission not needing alu. plates for support

Hey Pinto,

Can you explain what this means???

Also, will there be an issue using a 16t pinion with BF size tires???  What are your thoughts on using an adjustable motor mount with a smaller (13t???) pinion???  Or even the BF motor mount plate with a 10t pinion???

Thanks!

Terry

ETA

I'm going to guess that you mean that the Diff doesn't need the side plates to keep it "intact", whereas the Original Diff pushes against the side plates.  Brings up another thought - will this work with the standard bearing holders that fit into the side plates???  

Thanks again!

Wow this is going to be killer.  I hope we can get enough preorders to make this happen

Love it!  Any reason why it won't work with the dogbone parts?  I know some were having trouble that was being attributed to the cvd.  Will this help prevent thrown axles?

4 hours ago, Frog Jumper said:

Hey Pinto,

Can you explain what this means???

Also, will there be an issue using a 16t pinion with BF size tires???  What are your thoughts on using an adjustable motor mount with a smaller (13t???) pinion???  Or even the BF motor mount plate with a 10t pinion???

Thanks!

Terry

ETA

I'm going to guess that you mean that the Diff doesn't need the side plates to keep it "intact", whereas the Original Diff pushes against the side plates.  Brings up another thought - will this work with the standard bearing holders that fit into the side plates???  

Thanks again!

I sure can explain minutes but you already figured it out at the end. This differential, being completely self-contained does not need to side plates of the the transmission to keep it together. As for the bearing holders, they are no longer needed as this diff comes with its own flange bearings.

As for your comment about the 16 tooth pinion, should you choose to use that on a big wheel vehicle you will have no problem whatsoever. This differential is going to be completely bulletproof. Same thing with the adjustable motor mounts, the truck will work exactly as it did before minus the exploding and grinding noises. I Hope that helps Terry, let me know if you have anymore questions.

4 hours ago, Shodog said:

Wow this is going to be killer.  I hope we can get enough preorders to make this happen

I will not stop until we have this thing in production.

3 hours ago, tamiya3speed said:

Love it!  Any reason why it won't work with the dogbone parts?  I know some were having trouble that was being attributed to the cvd.  Will this help prevent thrown axles?

Yeah there's one major reason. The drive cups on the new ball diff are the same length as the ones on the universal joint equipped vehicles. The dog bones will come into contact with the drive cup slot under full arm extension. Currently the only actual solutions for this are my double wishbone suspension arms or the vintage telescoping axles. I will let you in on a secret, those vintage telescoping axles may not be vintage much longer. As I mentioned earlier, if we can make this happen MIP has a slew of upgrades coming out. 

• Like 2

Exciting times B). Great effort Pintopower!

I am in for one or two (depending on shipping costs). I hope they reach the 250 threshold!

Budget blown - three ordered & paid. :)

Can we get a 'list' to see how many have been ordered - a thread with a running total maybe?

Rich