Pintopower

MIP Super Ball Diff for Tamiya ORV Cars now on Sale!

I'm glad this is moving forward.  Thanks so much for getting this project come to fruition. 

So my lovely thank you to TC is no longer there here let's try this again: [it's here; http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/81019-mip-super-ball-diff-for-tamiya-orv-cars-now-on-sale/&do=findComment&comment=649535 ]

It is hard for me to believe that the journey that started with me knocking on the door at MIP in 2010 and asking if they would build a diff for my Monster Beetle and Brat is now over. I have just gotten a call from the head engineer at MIP who has informed me that they will in fact be starting production tomorrow (12/2/16). This is a huge win for the “Old School” Tamiya owners and proof of what can happen when we all work as a community to make something happen. I will be getting some samples soon and I will keep you posted of how they work. My first order of business, wheelies.  

I wanted to thank as many people as I can but already feel awful for those I have forgot to mention!

Tamiya USA

TamiyaClub.com

TamiyaBase.com

UltimateRC.com

RC10talk.com

Youtube (I cannot believe the responses on there!)

Iconic RC

Matteo’s RC Movies

Knight Customs (who dosen’t even own an ORV, now that shows support)
All the Facebook Forums

TCmember Crashcramer for sending me parts and Hotshots for MIP to analyze

TCmember Shodog for covering the RC10 sites

TCmember Beefmuffin for finding me many, many facebook pages to post on

TCmember Kontemax for plastering the Italian forum

TCmember Mokei Kagaku for posting on his page

My wife who put up with all this

And of course, all the people that bought, reposted, forwarded and emailed the Diff’s everywhere they could. 

Lastly, I must thank MIP. They did not have to listen to me. They did not have to call me back. They did not even have to even open their door to let me talk about a 30 year old relic. Instead, they showed that they were willing to take the time to understand the demographic (and insanity?) and see the untapped potential of the Tamiya ORV. MIP, without you, my ORV’s would be clean and on a shelf. Thanks to you, they will be dirty and on fire BUT they will have rock solid differentials.

Everyone, thank you for giving me the ability to finally get the Monster Beetle I always wanted. A working one. My friends, we have done it!

We get a real differential for the ORV!!!!!

Oh and don’t forget that they are still having a sale for a few more days!

Alberto @ AmproEngineering

• Like 4

its not "Game Over", its "Mission accomplished" !!

Congrats to Pinto and all supporters !

Now the long waiting for the shipment begins....

10 hours ago, Pintopower said:

TCmember Kontemax for plastering the Italian forum

I'm so sorry to have not bought the diff cause problems on jobplace.

I'm glad that the mission is accomplished, I will have the time to buy it.

I also post the MIP diff on top of the Facebook page that I manage:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1630266510592821/?fref=ts

I invite you all to subscribe the page, we can also meet there.

Max

Well done  pintopower and thanks, I finally took the plunge yesterday and ordered one plus a rebuild kit .. gonna have to buy another frog now! Oh and another one of two diffs once I've got a bit more cash spare.

thanks again and to all the memebers who made this happen.

chris

From the latest MIP email:

MIP's goals have been reached, so production has now started . 

The first  250 orders of the MIP Super Ball Diff are scheduled to start shipping by  
12/22/16

• Like 3

I seen an Email from them saying sold 100% , 12.22.16 etc .

Holy cow, shipping by 12/22? That is 3 weeks ahead of schedule. Just so you know, I have seen it and it is a thing of beauty. I should have a pre-production one soon for testing so you all can see it. I am going to throw a 17turn mod in my mudblaster. I have never had a modified motor in an ORV in my life. This will be fun!

• Like 3

I only hope it has been tested well before shipping the first batch.  Would be a shame if it was like the Tamiya Ball Diff for Buggy Champ where it (apparently) loosens over time or something.  I've got a few of those but not yet installed in my BC.

Hi all,

This is my first post here at TC.  I used to have an original Blackfoot back in the 80's and got the 2016 model about a month ago. Looking for a diff I found this thread and placed an order in the first week of the promo.

So, Big thanks to Pintopower for making this happen. My BF will surely appreciate it. It still has the silver can motor driven by a Tekin RS brushless/brushed ESC.

As soon as the diff goes in, the silver can will be replaced by a Reedy 17.5 brushless. Can't wait!

• Like 1

I think a good mod/upgrade would be a 12mm Hex conversion for the front axle, similar to the Associated front axle on their B4 2wd buggy.

That would open a great amount of wheel choices for the ORV. All the HPI 2.2 wheels (and many others), which I can only seem to find for the rear would be mountable in the front end.

Great news that they are making the run. Looking forward to receive my diff, and build my MB. Thanks for the effort Pintopower.

I will be getting them tomorrow for final testing/fitment. This diff design is a standard that MIP has been making so I know it will be the end-all for that ORV rear end. I can't wait!!!

• Like 1

On 12/10/2016 at 2:57 PM, JS273 said:

I think a good mod/upgrade would be a 12mm Hex conversion for the front axle, similar to the Associated front axle on their B4 2wd buggy.

That would open a great amount of wheel choices for the ORV. All the HPI 2.2 wheels (and many others), which I can only seem to find for the rear would be mountable in the front end.

There is a 12mm Hex Adapter on Fleabheyz right now...  I bought one a while ago but don't really like the way it works...  IMO, you need a thrust type bearing on the outside, not a standard type...

And the front HPI super star MTs are becoming hard to find (as is the rear white).  Make sure to get the HPI Front Adapters to go along with the HPI Front Wheels, or you'll be out of luck...

I'm sitting on a few extra fronts and rears myself, but I'm always looking for more white HPIs...

Terry

1 hour ago, Frog Jumper said:

There is a 12mm Hex Adapter on Fleabheyz right now...  I bought one a while ago but don't really like the way it works...  IMO, you need a thrust type bearing on the outside, not a standard type...

And the front HPI super star MTs are becoming hard to find (as is the rear white).  Make sure to get the HPI Front Adapters to go along with the HPI Front Wheels, or you'll be out of luck...

I'm sitting on a few extra fronts and rears myself, but I'm always looking for more white HPIs...

Terry

Yes, I saw the fleabhey hex kit, but didn't like it, I know what you mean by needing a thrust bearing. Right now I'm looking at the RPM Revolvers, which seem to fit fine looking at the description.

I'll try those Revolvers and keep trying to get HPI fronts until a better solution presents itself.

Joel

Same here. Just checked my email a minute ago. Message from MIP saying the diff has shipped! 

Woohoo!!!

This message was sent to you at the request of Yolanda Garcia, to notify you that they have shipped a package to you. For details about your shipment or to track your package, please refer to the information below.

Shipment Details

Shipped To: Terry Watts #10516
XXXXX
RALEIGH NC XXXXX
Mailing Date: 12/21/2016
Est. Delivery: 3 days
Service: First Class (R)
Signature: Not Required
Tracking: XXXXX

The shipment information contained in this email is provided by Stamps.com.
For questions about this package, please contact MIP MOORE'S IDEAL PRODUCTS LLC or the U.S. Postal Service.

I am very jelly of those in the US, mine has shipped but it's a long way down under.........

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Snappy1 said:

I am very jelly of those in the US, mine has shipped but it's a long way down under.........

Same here, although 'only' to the UK :)

2 hours ago, Dangerseeker said:
Est. Delivery: N/A

:mellow:

Mine says the same thing....I think USPS is having some issues at the moment with all the christmas stuff going out all over.