Pintopower

MIP Super Ball Diff for Tamiya ORV Cars now on Sale!

Missed this thread until today.  Will order once I figure out why the MIP website is so atrocious with javascript blowing up FF/Edge due to errors.  Can't click on anything because the javascript engine halts from the errors.  They need to fix that ASAP.

Edit:  The MIP Insider email sign up pop-up put the "close" button almost on top of the top menu bar making it nearly impossible to see and click on to gain access to the site.  Bad design.

Edit 2: Ordered two.

Edit 3:  Added a post to my blog: http://fun-with-rc.blogspot.com/2016/11/moores-ideal-products-tamiya-orv-ball.html

• Like 1

Yeah that MIP insider thing is annoying. At first I didn't see the close (x). i'm surprised to hear you were having java issues, I didn't run into those.  But as I work very close to Oracle, I do feel like hurling a tomato every time I go past them. Still not as bad as Adobe.  Thank you for helping to promote this, I know we're really close to hitting that number.

• Like 1

My bad luck!

I must pay 1.500 € of damages on the jobplace!

I must wait to buy these diffs, I'm loosing the discounts... :(

Max

21 hours ago, Dangerseeker said:

MIP says 76% sold.

Man that is not enough. Roughly a week left. Can someone inform the BF and MB rere threads? I don't think I can do that without being booted. Maybe a reference post on the general page? Still no orders from Japan as of a couple days ago. Thanks for everyone's help but it's not over yet! We need to kick it up a notch for this last week. Thank you for those that have supported the diff, I know when we hit that number it will be one heck of a victory!

23 minutes ago, kontemax said:

My bad luck!

I must pay 1.500 € of damages on the jobplace!

I must wait to buy these diffs, I'm loosing the discounts... :(

Max

Awe man! I'm sorry man! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pintopower said:

Awe man! I'm sorry man! 

I broken a 35 mm moviecam lens... Dohh!!!!!!

Anyway I'm speaking in the italian forums and Facebook pages.

Max

• Like 1

On 11/26/2016 at 4:06 PM, chazekxt said:

do we know how many has been ordered yet?

As of last night, 190. 60 to go and zero orders from Japan. Honestly, this ball diff should be on the cover page of TC. This is hardly getting any notice in the section it is in. I will keep posting as much as I can. 

On 11/27/2016 at 3:24 PM, Pintopower said:

Yeah that MIP insider thing is annoying. At first I didn't see the close (x). i'm surprised to hear you were having java issues, I didn't run into those.  But as I work very close to Oracle, I do feel like hurling a tomato every time I go past them. Still not as bad as Adobe.  Thank you for helping to promote this, I know we're really close to hitting that number.

I thought the javascript errors I saw on the F12 console were halting page functionality (as sometimes script errors stop a page from working), but it turned out to be the pop-up window disallowing any and all button presses until close was pressed.  My bad.

I even ordered 2 more in a second order (4 total now).  I really want this to hit 250.  How hard can it be?  Nobody owns a Brat, Frog, Beetle, Blackfoot?  Sheesh.  This should be way more popular.  If my job was more stable, I'd even order 20+ of these and resell on eBay later or something, but I'm not that brave.

Pintopower, I've now posted a link to your YouTube video on the diff in both the re-release Blackfoot and Monster Beetle threads. I didn't talk pricing or anything, just the link to see if it will generate more discussions and traffic. It looks like an answer to every ORV owners prayers.

4 hours ago, kontemax said:

I broken a 35 mm moviecam lens... Dohh!!!!!!

Anyway I'm speaking in the italian forums and Facebook pages.

Max

Grazie Mille! 

1 hour ago, Champ85 said:

I thought the javascript errors I saw on the F12 console were halting page functionality (as sometimes script errors stop a page from working), but it turned out to be the pop-up window disallowing any and all button presses until close was pressed.  My bad.

I even ordered 2 more in a second order (4 total now).  I really want this to hit 250.  How hard can it be?  Nobody owns a Brat, Frog, Beetle, Blackfoot?  Sheesh.  This should be way more popular.  If my job was more stable, I'd even order 20+ of these and resell on eBay later or something, but I'm not that brave.

Well you know more than I do about that stuff. I just shout at the software guys and they fix things for me, haha! 

Thanks for the added purchases! I know we are getting close! I bought 10...though I only have 6 orvs... I might have some for you Kontemax!

37 minutes ago, Hobbimaster said:

Pintopower, I've now posted a link to your YouTube video on the diff in both the re-release Blackfoot and Monster Beetle threads. I didn't talk pricing or anything, just the link to see if it will generate more discussions and traffic. It looks like an answer to every ORV owners prayers.

NICE!!! Thanks man! This is what we need!

I think it's a pre-order that leads to a production run. Pre-orders need to hit 250 or it won't happen. Good news is that we've collectively, across all the forums etc., gotten to the 76%(ish) mark so it's looking good. Bad news is that there's only 1 week left on the pre-order.

CLICK HERE to go to the main thread to keep track on events as and when they unfold! [Posts merged]

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 0:39 AM, Dangerseeker said:

MIP says 76% sold.

12 hours ago, Pintopower said:

Man that is not enough. Roughly a week left.

I really wish I could've bought more but I've so overspent on the 3D printing thing lately. No more ORV diffs for me unless it goes into full production next year. :(

Sorry Pintopower, Mod's pulled the link to the video you made that I added to the Re-re boards. I'm only guessing there feeling is that its advertising for MIP, when in all reality we are discussing a potential major fix for the ORV. At this point the diff isn't even a reality yet, not even in production. Its a call out to see who, and how many will want one. If this doesn't make it to the magic preorder, we can only hope MIP has a heart and will move forward anyway. Can you imagine if this was info on the front of Tower Hobbies, or any other large scale distributors page, they'd sell the 250 in a single day!

10 hours ago, Nobbi1977 said:

Is this a one off run or a production item?

Excellent question. It is a pre-order to a full production run should we able to hit the 250 number. Hope that clarifies it. 

5 hours ago, VagabondStarJXF said:

I think it's a pre-order that leads to a production run. Pre-orders need to hit 250 or it won't happen. Good news is that we've collectively, across all the forums etc., gotten to the 76%(ish) mark so it's looking good. Bad news is that there's only 1 week left on the pre-order.

CLICK HERE to go to the main thread to keep track on events as and when they unfold! [Posts merged]

Yup, don't remind me. lol

5 hours ago, VagabondStarJXF said:

I really wish I could've bought more but I've so overspent on the 3D printing thing lately. No more ORV diffs for me unless it goes into full production next year. :(

Ah 3D printing, the other vise. 

30 minutes ago, Hobbimaster said:

Sorry Pintopower, Mod's pulled the link to the video you made that I added to the Re-re boards. I'm only guessing there feeling is that its advertising for MIP, when in all reality we are discussing a potential major fix for the ORV. At this point the diff isn't even a reality yet, not even in production. Its a call out to see who, and how many will want one. If this doesn't make it to the magic preorder, we can only hope MIP has a heart and will move forward anyway. Can you imagine if this was info on the front of Tower Hobbies, or any other large scale distributors page, they'd sell the 250 in a single day!

Yup, I know, I saw. I am not surprised. Fact of the mater is this is not a sales pitch, this is a call to the community to get something we have needed for years. I will be PC here but my actual feeling will in fact be spouted all over my youtube channel when we hit the 250 number. I also hope MIP decides to move forward on this. They are well aware of the inability to keep this thread where it belongs on almost every since Tamiya forum. I suspect fear that Tamiya will come down on the forums for this. It has been brought up to me that Tamiya would see this diff as a reproduction. In fact, Tamiya USA has been aware of this project since it went live and the plan is to include one with each BF and MB kit here out. We can only wait and see. 

As for tower hobbies, I know they are talking to them but it is hush hush from me at this point.

Anyway, I need to keep plastering this over the forums and facebook. :lol:

• Like 1

Thanks for clearing the production bit up. If it was a one off run I would buy a couple to keep for a rainy day but if they are in production then there will be no rainy day.

I do not see what the issue is in the other threads, almost every build thread includes GPM products or recommends non-tamiya hop-ups

2 hours ago, Pintopower said:

I suspect fear that Tamiya will come down on the forums for this. It has been brought up to me that Tamiya would see this diff as a reproduction.

Err, what? :blink:

4 minutes ago, Champ85 said:

Err, what? :blink:

Yeah...What?   They should see the diff as a deal maker...They'll sell more (not less) kits because of it!  How could this hurt Tamiya?

Sounds like Tamiya wants MIP to make this diff exclusively for them, then repackage it. And If they (Tamiya) are reading this...... My Monster beetle ran about 3x 7.2v packs through it with a 540 silver can before the diff started to slip making a loud pop noise. I knew right away the diff was toast. That is not right my friends! No jumping, or bashing about, just grassy field running. If I didn't like the VW body so much this would have been gone along time ago. She just sits on my mantle all fixed, but scared to run. Patiently waiting for MIP to release this wonderful item.

I think MIP has done deals like that in the past.. IIRC the CVD's included in my HPI RS4 pro2 and pro3 were provided by MIP.  If a deal like that does go through, I hope MIP still agrees to sell us the pre-ordered sets. 

I have never heard of Tamiya working with a 3rd party manufacturer to supply components to be included in a Tamiya kit.  Are there any other examples of this being done before?  I also cannot imagine TamiyaUSA including this MIP diff in kits for the US.  The extra cost would put off most buyers (adding $45 to each kit or thereabouts).

They had a Hot Rod style car a few years back and I think the body was made by Parma.....could be wrong.  I know for sure that certain static model kits had aftermarket decals (Cartograf) included .  But I agree with you, I can't really see them including the MIP diff with the kits.

• Like 1

Well MIP makes a lot of OEM parts for manufacturers but I also don't think T has done something like that before. I mean they wouldn't have to if they actually fixed the diff but that is another story. The diff addition would be an option or some kind of a promo. Plus, to Tamiya, the kit would be less than $45. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, manny said:

They had a Hot Rod style car a few years back and I think the body was made by Parma.....could be wrong.  I know for sure that certain static model kits had aftermarket decals (Cartograf) included .  But I agree with you, I can't really see them including the MIP diff with the kits.

You are right! It had a parma shell. You might think otherwise about the diff considering the spike in sales since MIP announced this kit. We can only splatter this everywhere at this point.