Pintopower

MIP Super Ball Diff for Tamiya ORV Cars now on Sale!

I got the Email as well & i bet it will come fast , as I'm heading to NZ today & won't be home .

So of course it will be there , I bet if i was staying home . It would take weeks to get here .

:lol:  ... O-well , something to look forward too , when i get home . 

10 hours ago, manny said:

khyzersoze, Lucky you!   Although I live on the most remote island chain in the world (Hawaii), I'm expecting one any day now!:lol:

Yeah, I didn't know they were that close to me in SoCal.

Anyway, I won't be touching it anytime soon.  I'm in the middle of a Clod build right now.  And even before I'm done... I'm just not satisfied with "stock".  LOL.... Anyway, I will try to post up progress when I get time.

My 2 MIP super diff's showed themselves today! Can't wait to get them installed with a 3s lipo and 7700kv brushless! J.K. No, just a simple sport tuned motor and 2000Mah battery.

Just got done giving my 2016 BF a pretty aggressive run, after installing the MIP diff. 

Assembly is very easy and straight forward, especially if you are familiar with AE diffs.

It worked flawlessly and has a very smooth diff action.

So just for giggles, I put it on the carpet, gave it a slight push back and hit full throttle. The BF immediately popped a wheelie that almost flipped it over until I let go of the trigger. No noises, chatter, clicking or anything associated with the stock unit.

I'm running a Tekin RS ESC and Thunder Power 5300mAh 2s LiPo driving the stock silver can, lol. A 17.5 brushless that's around here will soon replace the stock motor.

Thanks again to Pintopower for his perseverance and to MIP for producing it. The ORV can now have a solid, "modern" transmission.

Here's a pic of the assembled diff next to the included flanged bearings.

image.jpg

• Like 2

Installed the brushless motor a short while ago and gave the BF a good run. Compared to the stock silver can, it obviously has more power everywhere and more top end.

The MIP diff was flawless, the transmission handled it beautifully. This is definitely a fantastic upgrade to the ORV. I'm very happy with how it worked out.

IMO, this is as close to a must upgrade as you can get for these vehicles.

image.jpeg

• Like 3

Got mine on the 27th, Christmas only came a day or so late, but I am very happy with them both, now to dig that old MB project up and work it some magic.

IMG_2779.JPG

• Like 1

I have been building and installing diffs all night. These are just amazing. I made a build video with a running video to come soon:

Again, I do not know if I can thank you all enough for helping me make this happen. This will reinvent the ORV. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Pintopower said:

Again, I do not know if I can thank you all enough for helping me make this happen. This will reinvent the ORV. 

Blah blah blah...  Where's my yoke ball/telescopic driveshaft mod?!?

:P

Terry

Many thanks to all involved.  Those of us that are ORV addicts really appreciate it!

Terry

Not today but yesterday a card was put through my door saying I owed £21.56 in customs fees. I'd just got home from an 8.5-9hr flight so I wasn't quite with it, wondering what it was because I hadn't ordered anything as I was away. Imagine my surprise when I saw who it was from. MIP! Yeah Baby, Yeah! Now two of my ORVs will have this diff and all will be right with the world in 2017. :)

DSC_1081.JPG

Thanks Pinto for your perseverance and hard work with MIP!

• Like 1

On 1/5/2017 at 0:44 AM, Pintopower said:
So how does the new MIP Tamiya Super Ball Differential for the Blackfoot and Monster Beetle run? Take a look.

Sure would be good if this link actually worked here, had to click on it to activate the super powers of YouTube.

OK, dumb question time, in all the original info regarding the MIP ball diff it said you needed to run a 16 t pinion, what pitch is this , AV ?

Do you still need to fit the motor adaptor plate that offsets the motor when you use the factory 10 t pinion ?

I'm struggling at the moment with motor pinion alignment, but the diff feels really smooth lol

9 hours ago, Snappy1 said:

OK, dumb question time, in all the original info regarding the MIP ball diff it said you needed to run a 16 t pinion, what pitch is this , AV ?

Do you still need to fit the motor adaptor plate that offsets the motor when you use the factory 10 t pinion ?

I'm struggling at the moment with motor pinion alignment, but the diff feels really smooth lol

Never any dumb questions on here! Well the 16t should fit with the stock gearing bit the pitch is, i believe something odd. I don't think it is 32 pitch is it? I am sure someone can clarify that part. As for the motor adapter for the 10t pinion, you will need that adapter plate still. Since you are needing the big wheel counter gear, nothing changes about the pinion placement. Does that make sense i hope?

OK, thanks, my issue is just pitch then , I bought a AV pitch pinion, can anyone tell me what I need please?

16 hours ago, Pintopower said:

Probably but I don't have that version. Does anyone else know?

The Frog and BF use "0.8 Module" as their pitch.  It is sooooo close to 32 pitch, that for all intents and purposes, they are the same.

The Thorp Extra Long pinions give you the extra length you need when you run an adjustable motor mount (see the CRP mount).  The work on the standard length shafts of brushed motors, but stick out too far on the shafts of brushless motors.  The hole does not go all the way through.

You'll want the Robinson Steel 32p 16t pinion.  Make sure you get one with 1/8" bore (for the 1/8" shaft on the motor).  Most use 5mm bores, which are for larger 1/8 motors (AFAIK).  You'll have to double-check against the manual of the motor you intend to use...   Robinson Racing http://r.ebay.com/W7zVp7

Or you could just order the typical Tamiya Frog 16t Pinion:   Tamiya 3515004 http://r.ebay.com/Z2mZc5

Terry

7 hours ago, Frog Jumper said:

The Frog and BF use "0.8 Module" as their pitch.  It is sooooo close to 32 pitch, that for all intents and purposes, they are the same.

The Thorp Extra Long pinions give you the extra length you need when you run an adjustable motor mount (see the CRP mount).  The work on the standard length shafts of brushed motors, but stick out too far on the shafts of brushless motors.  The hole does not go all the way through.

You'll want the Robinson Steel 32p 16t pinion.  Make sure you get one with 1/8" bore (for the 1/8" shaft on the motor).  Most use 5mm bores, which are for larger 1/8 motors (AFAIK).  You'll have to double-check against the manual of the motor you intend to use...   Robinson Racing http://r.ebay.com/W7zVp7

Or you could just order the typical Tamiya Frog 16t Pinion:   Tamiya 3515004 http://r.ebay.com/Z2mZc5

Terry

Nice! Thanks for the info. I knew they were like the TA02 gear pitch. I didnt know that 0.8 Module and 32P were that closely related. 

Back in the olden days dated BG(before grey), I could only tell you that it seemed all Japanese makes(Tamiya and Kyosho) seemed to use 32 pitch gears and then all the other makes seemed to work with 48 pitch and then a few more used 64 pitch gears, but again, that was then. Nowadays, I find it ever more confusing with the .04.6,and all that, so I am glad to learn something "new" that was old again. This makes this site what it is, people helping newbies and oldies alike in figuring out how to make their Tamiya work.

2 hours ago, Pintopower said:

Nice! Thanks for the info. I knew they were like the TA02 gear pitch. I didnt know that 0.8 Module and 32P were that closely related. 

I'm just passing along my own research, and my own experience...

Terry

ETA:  A little Googlez revealed this from another Forum:  " To be exact, 32p is Mod 0.79375, or Mod 0.8 is 31.75 pitch. It's really really close - close enough where it does not matter. I've run a 32p pinion on a Mod 0.8 spur in my [vehicle name removed] forever with no problems whatsoever. "