20 minutes ago, Frog Jumper said:

I like that!  How do you wire them up???

Thanks,

Terry

Oh I just used a y splitter. They are cheap on ebay and I use them quite a lot. Since I have a drawer full of servos, I might as well use those instead of buying a high torque one. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Pintopower said:

Oh I just used a y splitter. They are cheap on ebay and I use them quite a lot. Since I have a drawer full of servos, I might as well use those instead of buying a high torque one. 

Nice...  I'll add it to my list of upcoming Bushy D projects!

Thanks!

Terry

6 hours ago, Pintopower said:

Here is a picture of what I did.

9134904645_9e6b22214a_b.jpg

Actually this is pretty smart. Keeps some weight in the vicinity of the front wheels.
One of the issues with these older designs is that they were devised in a time of heavier everything, they possibly need a bit of extra weight to handle as close as they can to properly.

Having said that, I'm not going back to MSC's and receiver batteries(4xAA) on board. Nooo sireeee.

19 hours ago, Pablo68 said:

Actually this is pretty smart. Keeps some weight in the vicinity of the front wheels.
One of the issues with these older designs is that they were devised in a time of heavier everything, they possibly need a bit of extra weight to handle as close as they can to properly.

Having said that, I'm not going back to MSC's and receiver batteries(4xAA) on board. Nooo sireeee.

OMG MSC's? Never again. I do weigh down my hornet for driving though. It is way too light with new batteries. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pintopower said:

OMG MSC's? Never again. I do weigh down my hornet for driving though. It is way too light with new batteries. 

Yeah I do too. Even back in the day I'd throw in a wheel balance weight into the nose of my Hornet to try and get it to turn it/bite a bit better.

18 hours ago, Pablo68 said:

Yeah I do too. Even back in the day I'd throw in a wheel balance weight into the nose of my Hornet to try and get it to turn it/bite a bit better.

Those are exactly what I use now

First off, thank you Pinto for going through all the trouble of getting the ball rolling on these.  I am happy to support any company that is willing to help the re-re community solve some long-standing problems with these older chassis.  

My main wish is the telescoping driveshafts.  A slipper would be great too.  I may need to buy more trucks to keep up with all the new parts!!

1 hour ago, tamiya3speed said:

First off, thank you Pinto for going through all the trouble of getting the ball rolling on these.  I am happy to support any company that is willing to help the re-re community solve some long-standing problems with these older chassis.  

My main wish is the telescoping driveshafts.  A slipper would be great too.  I may need to buy more trucks to keep up with all the new parts!!

Thank you for your support. I know this is something that the community has wanted since...oh...1984, but better late then never. I know what MIP is working on next and let me tell you that if this 250 goal is hit, your dreams will not be for much longer. 

Oh and I know what you mean, I bought 10 diffs and only have 6 cars. haha!

• Like 1

In case you have not seen the diff in action, allow me to remedy that. I have tried diff braces and the diff screw trick bit you cannot ignore the fact that the diff gears are made from a soft cheese. Never, ever again will I have to touch that miserable garbage Tamiya called a diff. 

• Like 2

well got my mip diff not real happy with it,.its real rough when u turn it. took it a part 3 time some each  time why?

2 hours ago, chazekxt said:

well got my mip diff not real happy with it,.its real rough when u turn it. took it a part 3 time some each  time why?

Like it is rough when the car turns or when you spin the diff? Mine (all 10...i have a problem) are like silk. They don't even make sound. Maybe the wrong balls were used? On person I talked to accidentally set his rings on a dirty surface and grease picked up all the grime. If it is when the car is driving I know tamiya has been having a problem with their CV axles that is not related to the MIP diff. Let me know.

when u turn the diff in your hands. rough like sandpaper I put all parts on a clean plate. I did it just like in your vid. I got it put in the car. car runs great.

I have put one of mine together & it's like butter . Smooth & would have to have been one of the best

Ball diff's i have ever had built ( for a change ) . I am going to build another one , But i'm going to get 

some ceramic Balls to try as well . As i have had to put some of them in different ball diff's , to make

them work smoother . <<< This is to see if it is any different . Not that i really need to .

29 minutes ago, chazekxt said:

that post was no help at all

Not if you have damaged a ball it's not ?. 

I had found that when i replaced the balls ( on different ball diff's ) it worked better , as in smooth .

I didn't get the notching feeling , even that i had sanded the rings to make sure they were flat & cleaned etc etc .

As i think , in the making of the balls , some are not true round or get a flat spot in the process ? .

As this is why some are rough ?? ..  

Have you contacted the company? It seems everyone who has assembled one so far has found them to be great. One has a vested interest but even taking him out the response has been very positive.

That leaves two possibilities, manufacturing fault or wrong assembly. If you are 100% sure you built it correctly then that only leaves a manufacturer issue. 

dude like I said in post to pinto. I did it just like his vid. no I didn't email mip I did call them with no reply, will be the last mip part I ever buy

On 1/15/2017 at 6:22 PM, chazekxt said:

dude like I said in post to pinto. I did it just like his vid. no I didn't email mip I did call them with no reply, will be the last mip part I ever buy

ill be happy to ake it off your hands :)

On 1/15/2017 at 4:22 PM, chazekxt said:

Did your parts come in yet? I know they reached out and sent you a kit so let us know if it is all sorted. I just built my 11th one. I think I have a serious ORV problem now. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Pintopower said:

Did your parts come in yet? I know they reached out and sent you a kit so let us know if it is all sorted. I just built my 11th one. (I think I have a serious ORV problem now. << Mind you this is the 1st step of knowing you have a problem ) 

Do you think on your 11th one ! , i would have been thinking on the 4th or 5th one would have been . 

But do you have that many ORV'S ? , if you don't . Then i'm thinking it's a serious problem !. 

So is there an update on whats coming next in the MIP goodies ?  . Like hotshot / boomerang ball diff :lol:  . << as 

i would need to buy alot of these & need to start saving :D . 

So you have fun building MIP perfection ball diffs .