kontemax

Egress Jamie Booth's Replica

Hi Trecmanic2,

the bigger problem to replicate this kit is not the arms but the arm block, the front one in particular.
Anyway if you give me the time I will scan and measure the arms for you.
I'm very busy and I need free time to do it so if you don't hear me for a while, write me to remember me the thing.

Max

3d printed aluminium is pretty pricey and still no where near as strong as milled.

Good to see this project still lives Max 

I can understand how you sometimes get bored/burned out with RC stuff (I've barely done anything in the last 2 years bar sell of some kits and models), but if any model can keep your interest it has to be the Egress !

• Like 1

hard to keep motivated when your constantly running into issues in a "kit"

Keep going, you have started so the only way out is to finish, good luck.

I missed the release of this amazing kit a few years ago, and am now forced to try and home-brew my own. Would anyone be willing to put a set of their four blue Acetal/delrin arms on a document scanner (with a ruler) so I can get an accurate set of dimensions.

I am sorry to everyone that I have "stalked" to try and build my replica.

Thank you. Trec.

I took dimensions from pictures of the original arms and 'Full Option' images.

Are these dimensions anywhere close? The Madcap hubs are a good fit, I'm just not sure if the axles would work for length etc.

20180905_212251.jpg

• Like 1

I haven’t started much work on getting my #11 kit on to my new re re. I also had issues when trying to fit the blocks for the fron wishbones has to hack away at it. Disappointed to hear about the front damper tower not fitting properly. I would be interested in one if you get fibrelyte to make.

Hi Avante 2001R,

I will draw a different front tower for sure, more similar in design with the original vintage Egress, with 4 point to mount on the front gearbox and so on.
I will never cut the nose of a Egress body so I will made it with the correct clearance to mount the body as per original.

MAx

• Thanks 1

Tremanic2,

many work done and many time to scan and take the measurements so if you will reproduce these arms please let me have a copy for me also, it would be very nice have four arms as spare.

Braccetti%20Misure%20F_zpsa0gletpu.jpg

Braccetti%20Misure%20R_zps4zdzsowe.jpg

Max

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Collin said:

Max is back.

:wub:

... even if you dont know it, yet. :D

I never gone :D

I always been present, lurking from the dark of the White Rabbit's den.

My problem is the lack of time and money to bring on my projects as I would like.
Included this one.

Max

On 9/9/2018 at 3:46 AM, kontemax said:

Hi Avante 2001R,

I will draw a different front tower for sure, more similar in design with the original vintage Egress, with 4 point to mount on the front gearbox and so on.
I will never cut the nose of a Egress body so I will made it with the correct clearance to mount the body as per original.

MAx

Keep me posted sir.

• Like 1

I can understand you.
The kit is a reproduction of the original Tamiya kit but I didn't believe that also the defects of the original kit would be reproduced.
I'm sorry to say this because I can easy understand the great effort of the guy that did it but, as I often say, making it bad needs the same time to making it good.
In fact, considering the massive amount of pounds that it costed, it is a little bit disappointing that this kit is not "plug and play".
It remains a great, beautifull, rare, valuable kit but I believe it is a little bit a lost opportunity to make something really excellent.
What do you think? Would you sell it?

Max

PS: another misfortune felt on my head this week: the engine of my car blown out monday evening. This means yet much more time far away from the hobby.

:'-(

I totally agree with you Max. The issues could have been redesigned rather than being implemented. None the less still an excellent kit and I will still convert one of my 4 Egress cars. Just need to decide which one. Will buy parts that need cutting up so like you I always have spares to reverse fit back to Oem.

sorry to hear about your blown road car engine. What car/Engine is it?

My car is a Fiat Panda from 1998 (the real Panda) with 152.000 km.
The engine was perfect until the mechanics didn't touch it, now the head is destroyed and no money to repair it.
This car is cheap, small, light, fast and excellent for the city but I rode with it through the Europe from Paris to Sicily.
The car also have the GPL fuel (Liquefied petroleum gases) that made the car ecologic and with only 12€ it makes 260 km.

Max

hello

please dont give up ,your cars are very good standard.i built mine as soon as i got it and had some ups and downs,but love it for what it is.my bodyshell is repo,so did not mind cutting.my main proberlm was front shafts fouling uprights.i know everthink on these cars are more money now,but you will have very limited kit when done.

your magpie.

20180923_140458[1].jpg

• Like 1

Hi magpie,

can you make some better and detailed pictures of the front tower mount and front dampers please?

Cheers and thanks

Max