kontemax

Egress Jamie Booth's Replica

1 minute ago, magpie said:

20180924_195016[1].jpg

sorry about the dust,been laying,can you see slot where shell slides through just above diff housing.my shocks just touch the moldings.

Kontemax, in what way are they touching stuff?

Believe it or not but I've actually raced my JB replica Egress (indoors) successfully now! It was a pretty long way to get there though. I think I've had all possible issues there could be in the front end - most of them not down to the kit itself, there are however lots of compromises that stems from the overall concept. Tolerances are really slim, in all areas. I did a shortened build thread on rc10talk.com, perhaps I'll replicate it here as well. It's here; 

https://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=43438&p=493267#p493267

also have a few videos from the race in there as well. Despite all the issues I've had I had a great time running it. Took TQ and won all three A-finals. 

• Thanks 1

Also, regarding arms - why are you trying to replicate them, is there some aspect you want to change? Everybody of us who got kits can buy original replacement arms from Full Option. I don't believe it's needed for the actual durability of the arms as such, but the threads are a bit sensitive. I bought an extra set which I haven't had to use yet.

On 9/29/2018 at 1:17 PM, pUs said:

Also, regarding arms - why are you trying to replicate them, is there some aspect you want to change? Everybody of us who got kits can buy original replacement arms from Full Option. I don't believe it's needed for the actual durability of the arms as such, but the threads are a bit sensitive. I bought an extra set which I haven't had to use yet.

Would you sell them ?

On 9/24/2018 at 10:12 PM, kontemax said:

My dampers touch so badly that I can't fix them to the arms.

Max

Do you know what the REAR uprights are from in this Tamiya image ??

B63685EF-390C-43E5-A7FC-FAF1A03EA6EB.png

7 hours ago, Trecmanic2 said:

Some sort of Dyna Storm, Dyna Blaster, TR-15T, Super Astute uprights but in red.

Max

• Like 1

On 9/1/2019 at 5:45 PM, Trecmanic2 said:

Yes indeed, they are red Super Astute hubs. Never released as spares or in any kits. As far as I know only made it to a few factory drivers. I am actually the owner of that particular car in the pic nowadays. When time permits I will sort them all out and try to document all versions a bit better.

• Like 1