Sign in to follow this  
adiastra

Classic 70s/80s Baja Buggy Build (updated with pics)

My Kyosho 2014 Beetle (scorpion beetle) should show up saturday and I will be doing a build thread here. 

The attached pic will be my paint inspiration. 

will update thread as things progress. 

Beetle Paint.jpg

• Like 2

I wont bore you with the build, its been posted multiple times before. Only thing i did different was use my dremel to file down the main rails at the bend so i did not need the spacers that were provided, makes for a more solid connection between the front shock mounts and the frame. 

Ok so this is my first time ever painting lexan and i made some mistakes. I am however pleased with the final look, even with the glaring issues in the paint. 

here is a shot of the first stripe 

IMG_20161120_144211651.jpg

Electronics are stolen from a Team Associated brushless B4.2

It's a standard brushless ESC and a Reedy 3300 brushless motor. 

Thanks, I am not 100% happy with the paint. I realized that the masking tape I was using was not the best and i got some bleeding in some places. But once its all stickered up and I beat it up a bit (this is NOT a shelf queen) it should be good. 

I have also purchased the upgraded shocks from Kyosho as the one that come with it are not the best. 

purchased the optional shocks and carbon fiber shock Towers. the stock shocks for this kit are kind of crappy.   actually had it out today running on a 3 cell lipo. It's definitely fast.  Once the shocks are replaced I'll post a video