Sign in to follow this  
minijosh

Super Rare Blue Lambo???

I found this guy on ebay selling this car for just a little bit over $1000.00. Is there any truth to this by saying it is super rare? The box cover is a blue car so is that the part that makes it expensive? The body is a pure white too. If you want to see this car, type in 1978 Tamiya BLUE LAMBORGHINI COUNTACH NIB super rare . I like the term super rare.[:o)]

He is comparing it to the 58008 Countach CS which shows a Black Countach on the box art. Since Tamiya never released production numbers it's hard to say how rare a 58005 countach really is.

Jim

The one that blue on boxart, and that has a white body, is just a 'normal' 58005 Lambo, nothing really extraordinary about it - other than the fact it's a (very nice) Lambo of course! [8D]

It's not any rarer than another 58005 Lambo - since it is one itself... Maybe it is slightly rarer than the 58008 Lambo (black on both boxart and body plastic, chome wing), but as Shodog said - who knows for sure? [?]

Also the re-realse Countach body is black, so like a 58008. [:)]

Have heard that also the white non-CS body was re-released, only find them much harder to find [:(]

Cheers

I bought one of those kits (58005) off my local Riko Tamiya rep 3 years ago for £20. He had had it kicking about in his garage for nearly 20 years and just wanted to get rid of it, I was pretty chuffed at the time. I also got my HKS and Calsonic Skylines, Nissan 300ZX IMSA TA02W and Super Blackfoot from him in the same deal, all 5 kits for just £100.00, one of the happiest days of my life!