Shodog

Reproduction Wild Willy Blazer tires.

My rough rider front tyres arrived on Friday gone - very impressed. Not had chance to fit them on the rims but initial impressions are that they look spot on. Tread not as deep from what I recall but lettering looks spot on.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RA1028 said:

I am actually from Hong Kong.

My apologies. I paid in dollars so assumed the US. Great product & very fast delivery!! 

Not a problem. Just want to point out it is even more impressive. 5 days from HK to UK. :P

FInally got round to fitting my Rough Rider tyres, to be honest this model has been sat on my shelf not completed for a couple of years now, simply as I didnt know what direction I was going with it.

It did have the rerelease FAV tyres on the front but they just didnt look right as I like to do the tyre lettering.Anyways have some pics, I was wrong about the tread as they are about the same depth, pattern slightly differant but I am being picky. Main differance is they are slightly larger (ok for the rims)

PC145592_zpsvzjatguw.jpg

And fitted - really pleased with em and spurred me to get the rest of this finsihed now.

PC145594_zpspfaolrb6.jpg

• Like 2

18 hours ago, zakspeed said:

FInally got round to fitting my Rough Rider tyres, to be honest this model has been sat on my shelf not completed for a couple of years now, simply as I didnt know what direction I was going with it.

It did have the rerelease FAV tyres on the front but they just didnt look right as I like to do the tyre lettering.Anyways have some pics, I was wrong about the tread as they are about the same depth, pattern slightly differant but I am being picky. Main differance is they are slightly larger (ok for the rims)

PC145592_zpsvzjatguw.jpg

Actually, it is the re-release non SB JR tire being smaller compare to the original. Mine is the same like the original. B)
So when you look at those built buggy champ, they just didn't look right not only because of the tire lettering, the smaller diameter front tire also make it not as cool as the original Rough Rider.

• Like 2

Thanks for the added info, i didnt have any originals to compare with, I knew I didnt like the reissue ones but couldnt put my finger on what was wrong, i thought it was just the lettering. But now I see it with the replacments on it looks so much better. Thanks and after 2 years of sitting doing nothing i'll see if I can get it finsihed now...

• Like 1

As above, I knew the rere SB JR didn't look right.

One of my original pairs of SB JR's are getting rather cracked. I think I'll get myself some of the lovely repro's in the new year. 

• Like 1

I got the Hilux and Sand Blaster JR and love 'em!

My Blazer tires are as good as new and they stays on the shelf...

Badboy

• Like 1

Got myself some Blaster Juniors. Awesome!

Those Blazer / Willy tires look fantastic too.

Any others in the pipeline? Would love some original  Lancia 037 s!

• Like 1

I just wanted to chime in on this too.  I have the rere sand scorcher destined for original box-art shelf queen fame, and wanted to make a 'conversion set' to the Rough Rider.  This way I could get 'both' sister models and afford a super champ too instead of tying up another $300 for essentially the exact same chassis.  Not to mention I like doing up RC bodies :). 

The rere stuff from the RB/RR and Brat makes the wheels, rear tires, body kit, hardware, all but the front tires are out there easy to find(oh, except the body post which was not easy to find nor cheap!).  Found this same set of SB Jr's cruising this forum and holy cow they are wonderful and did ship super fast, for the price of any other new off the shelf part.   Mad props for guys who take the initiative to fill in the blanks like this!  Why Tamiya chooses to leave such blanks in the supply chain is another story.  I think the moldings are cleaner then original Tamiya products. 

• Like 1

Ordered a set for my 58028 Toyota a couple of weeks ago and they are very good. A nice flexible rubber with good detail.

If you decide to do others like the original Lancia on the ORV chassis I might just have some good condition tyres if I can find them.

• Like 1