Terz1

Servo advice for lunch box

Hi all. I'm getting a lunch box for christmas and wondering what lost cost servos are out there that perform well, in the UK preferably. Obviously the more features the better such as waterproof, metal gears, hi torque etc. I had a look around and although they sound great it's good to know what people that use them think about them. So has anyone any recommendations for a low cost servo which performs well? The kit only cost £70 so I don't want to spend a lot. Thanks

• Like 1

Don't know what they cost in the UK  but my default servos for reasonable speed and good torque are the 0352 (plastic) and 0254 (metal) from Savox. 

There is also a waterproof version 0230 but it is getting up there in price.

There might also be some cheap servos at the hobbyking uk warehouse...

• Like 1

Great thanks guys. I'll check those out :) . I've got my go to esc but servo wise I've been using old plastic geared futaba ones I've had lying around which are really getting on now. I bought one more recently (about a year ago). It's doing the job quite well but but only experiencing one type isn't the best way to go. I could be missing on so much that's out there. 

Anymore suggestions pop them on here. :)

I've managed to break 2x futaba 3010 servos (turned out, the pivot point on a 2nd hand car I'd bought, was too much and full steering was way before full servo movement.) 

I've gone for brushless servos ( futaba BLS551 and a BLS351 ), 2nd hand I might add, but they are so much faster that it's taking a while to get used to steering again! 

• Like 1

I have a really cheap 3kg Carson in a VLB and it's fine - I'd say go for speed over torque so you can get some good wheelie wiggling going!

• Like 1

Whatever you choose (this being a fun car, does not require a fast or powerfull servo) get one with a metal output shaft. Mine destroyed pretty quickly the thread from a plastic shaft servo.

• Like 1

All look like great suggestions and up to the job. Need another receiver for my code core transmitter which is at modelsport too so the one suggested by bails might make it a double order from them. :) It is a bargain too.

25 minutes ago, Terz1 said:

All look like great suggestions and up to the job. Need another receiver for my code core transmitter which is at modelsport too so the one suggested by bails might make it a double order from them. :) It is a bargain too.

The Core RC transmitters can use a cheap hobbyking receiver, cannot remember which one off the top of my head.

• Like 1

+1 on the Savöx SC-0254MG. Although with the Lunchboxes' front wheels spending so much time in the air than on the ground... ;)