Sign in to follow this  
BigBison

rerelease bruiser body

hi chaps can anyone tell me if the rerelease mountain rider rear body /bed is same as the  rerelease bruiser rear body/bed ? cheers 

Yes and no. Same shape and will work but drilled to have lights and the bed cap is removable. 

Rere Bruiser and Rere Mountain rider are identical imho, the only difference I noticed is that the front grille is white plastic on the Mountain Rider kit instead of black plastic. Also the Mountain rider kit you need to glue in the rear window.

unfinished below but I see no difference...

large.image.jpeg.76ba0bfc971b28297847210

Both re-res are exactly identical.

And both them are the same 2007 Toyota High-Lift bed. ;)

I know it wont be cheap but is it possible to buy Mountain Rider/ Bruiser complete body kit? By that I mean without having to buy all the parts separately an actual boxed kit.

I've never seen one, I think it's about 120 euros to buy all the bits you need. i did this a year or so ago getting all the bits from Tamico. Ironically the front and rear cab are very reasonable, it's all the little bits that add up!!!

I've also bought all the bits to make an additional two bodies but have since struggled to find the nuts bolts and screws to put it together.

i think the only way is by buying several screw bags from other models unless someone knows differently ?

chris

6 hours ago, chriss76 said:

I've also bought all the bits to make an additional two bodies but have since struggled to find the nuts bolts and screws to put it together.

i think the only way is by buying several screw bags from other models unless someone knows differently ?

chris

Same answer as three years ago ;)

You need screw bag E, which is 19401962, or enough other bags to provide the listed items.

6 hours ago, Truck Norris said:

Same answer as three years ago ;)

You need screw bag E, which is 19401962, or enough other bags to provide the listed items.

Thank you that is useful to know now I just need pdf of re re bruiser and mountain rider I have searched but can only find original manual with one piece body.

Googled and it turns out you can buy a body set part number is 49457 as you can imagine not easy to get hold of and costs a million squillion trillion pounds. Two are currently on ebay one from the states and one from Canada.

Wow, learn something new, I never knew they released that back in 2007. Thanks. $60 dollars too apparently!

1 hour ago, gravetxt-1 said:

Googled and it turns out you can buy a body set part number is 49457 as you can imagine not easy to get hold of and costs a million squillion trillion pounds. Two are currently on ebay one from the states and one from Canada.

49457 is identical to the Mountaineer body and not the Mountain Rider body. That means, among other things, that the side marker lights and lights on the corners of the grille are molded in and opaque (like on 58028 Hilux, 58048 Bruiser and 58111 Mountaineer) and not separate clear parts like on the Hilux Hilift, re-re Bruiser and Mountain Rider). Also, the taillights are not prepared for LEDs. There are several other differences too, where the newer version has added details for "scale looks".

In other words, 49457 is more suitable for a correct Mountaineer and (to some extent) original release Bruiser restoration than it is as a body for a "modern" model. I have a couple of this body set for sale if anyone should be interested.

Thanks Truck Norris, I've enquired about that screw bag many time but I'm afraid I can't afford the price of the few E screw bags which totalled half the price of my bruiser kit. I've tried several model shops they can't even get hold of that bag at all.

what I don't understand is the fact they have produced lots of that body set but don't do a screw kit for that alone which should come in at a reasonable price?

chris

I got lucky and picked up bag E last year for $8.90 on eBay from the now vanished jr-rc. It is just screws and the bracket to hold the grille on.

As mentioned your best bet is to scour the manuals for other kits to find one which has most of the correct screws then buy the rest individually.

The front bracket is available from Tamico. Many of the screws you can buy on ebay from fastening places, you just need to put together all the sizes you'll need from the manual. Shouldn't cost the earth.

Thanks again, the bracket I got hold of real easy as again it seems to be a common part. Looks like I will have no choice but to get a few screw bags, I think t was percymon tang recommended the rc truck bags last time as they have large amounts in them.

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 6:53 PM, gravetxt-1 said:

Boring question but what is the total length in inches of a Bruiser body?

Just happen to have my vintage Bruiser & a tape measure beside me right now - I make it 48.5cm

That is front bumper to tailgate measurement of the front body & rear pickup bed sitting on the chassis.

17 hours ago, Tamiyabigstuff said:

Just happen to have my vintage Bruiser & a tape measure beside me right now - I make it 48.5cm

That is front bumper to tailgate measurement of the front body & rear pickup bed sitting on the chassis.

You lucky thing! And thank you :)