Sign in to follow this  
gozone

Thundertech Clod..

A good friend of mine left a Thundertech chassis´ed Clod Buster on my work table yesterday, when he left..   There are 2 LRP Truck Puller motors mounted in it, but I don´t expect much "race" from them..

What´s the deal with these chassis, and what would be suitable to use om it, concerning motors, bodyshell, etc. etc??..

Are there anything special, I should be aware of about the chassis, fragile parts and so on?..

Thanks in advance. :)

Michael

They're not the most popular Clod chassis, but I've never heard anything bad about them. I'm a CPE fan myself, but I'm not against the other brands. 

TTR stuff is very good, but they haven't had much new out for years.

I've owned several chassis from them, any shell marketed for Traxxas Stampede or Rustler and even some Maxx/Savage shells will fit - a lot of it's down to wheelbase and personal preference

You might struggle with some of the screws and fixings as they will be English/American threads and hole sizes.

They also made a lot of innovative hop-ups for Clods, BTA steering sets, adjustable motor mounts etc, which a lot of other manufacturers copied (on the cheap and poorly) - you might have a few goodies on the truck - got any pics?

Thundertech Rage with HPI Savage shell

click for the big picture

Pretty sure this was a Ripper chassis  http://www.thundertechracing.com/ripper.htm
Proline Maxx-size Jeep shell, Mammoth Dump Truck wheels and tyres

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/tc_userimages/169/img169_21032004212726_1.jpg

• Like 2

No pics, but it does say "Ripper" on the servo-bumper-protection thingy upfront, and it has got some Associated-shocks mounted to it..  

Associated used to be a popular shock option, both mine pictured had 'em fitted.
Pretty sure they did several different lengths, originally used on front or rear of their buggies and stadium trucks (whereas Maxx shocks were just 4"/100mm)

• Like 1