10 hours ago, Black Van Dan. said:

Yeh stock arms in this video. It doesn't turn anywhere near as good as it does with the shapeways arms. Yeh the 1st arm broke from just running up and down the street doing wheelies. The 2nd snapped when I rolled it. Not a huge impact, and nothing the original Tamiya arms couldn't handle. Running a 12 turn motor and yeh Lipo. 👍🏻

Thanks for the info on what it's running. Mine is a sport tuned and nimh so won't be anywhere near as fast but it doesn't seem to be worth the risk. I'll stick with my originals knowing that they're less likely to break. If I never get the shapeways ones I'll never know what I'm missing. :(

7 hours ago, leeroy33 said:

Going by the note at bottom of page I doubt they would be much better. Not for bashing, will not survive big impact and not as strong as original arms. Weak replacements is about all they are I think.

You're probably right. They may be stronger than the type black van dan used but still not at the levels of the originals. 3d printing has come along way but it's not up to the job of handling lipo and low turn brushless motors yet. No doubt it will be pretty soon when new techniques and better materials can be used.

• Like 1

I don't think the motor/battery power really comes into it. They just aren't strong enough. Think we all need to chip in and have some 3D printed in titanium or machined out of billet. 👌🏻

• Like 1

In other news.. I've taken the alloy rear shock mounts off and will get them etch primed and painted at work tomorrow, so they match the rear brace bar and wheelie bar. (Yes I do have OCD) 🙈 

Also redone the dampers as I wasn't completely happy with them. Now they are perfect. 👌🏻

Rear shock mounts and wheelie bar wheel painted black. Looking much cleaner now everything is Black, I even had the little U shape shock mount brackets done too. Going to have to change those silver screws for black button heads. 

(I know I need help)  😂

IMG_2900.JPG

Also in other non Lunchbox related news. This lovely little M03 Mini will be arriving tomorrow 😬

IMG_2881.PNG

Anyone interseted in these Team Associated springs before I list them on the bay. 

IMG_2901.JPG

• Like 1

Sorry to hear your issues with the shapeways arms.  I'd suggest going the FX10 mod route in your case.

I've been eyeing that GPM wheelie bar for a year now, and just can't bring myself to spend on it.  I know I need it though, because the stock wheelie bar does no favors for a brushless Lunchbox.

Those springs look nice, but I'd have no idea which car to use those on! :P

• Like 1

I waited too long and now the £88 Black Edition Lunchie is no longer available on EBay... new is now £130 in the U.K...are these being discontinued? I thought I heard they are stopping these Colour editions like the Blue is hard to  find too.

How much is that GPM wheelie bar, looks essential kit for this RC!

Black Van Dam great looking ride, nothing wrong with colour coding ;)

• Like 1

Thank you. 👍🏻 Wheelie bar was £16 on eBay. Might get the body redone next week. It's already looking a bit battered. 

@khyzersoze I probably will go the FX10 route. The annoying thing is I had originally ordered the FX10 bits, then cancelled the order when I saw the shapeways arms. 🙄😊

• Like 1

Paint shop managed to mask off the rear lights and number plate and gave it a full repaint.

Also in other news. I sold the M03 Mini and ordered FX10 suspension parts 🙈😬

IMG_2962.JPG

IMG_2964.JPG

• Like 3