Sign in to follow this  
Prescient

Pricing a NIB Tamiya Novafox 58577 for eBay UK

I hope this is in the right forum and I am really sorry if it isn't. 

I am over kitted at the moment and out of display space so a lot of my kits are sitting idle in storage boxes tucked away. I would rather sell on to someone who will get some enjoyment and free up some cash. I am also more of monster truck fan so this would only ever stay boxed and unbuilt.

I am going to be selling a few kits (mostly modern) and ok on pricing those but I am struggling to find a price on the Novafox. The last UK one I recall listed was circa £450 but can't seem to find anything in the completed listings search.  This seemed quite high for a kit only just out of production.  

I would sell this as a Buy it Now price and its not something I would let run as an auction. Now seems to be a good time to sell, where after not using eBay much this year I have got a number of discounts on listing and final value fees, which has sparked me into action. 

Is anyone able to assist on a value?

Couple of pics below, box is a very nice condition, contents all untouched. 

Thanks all for you help. 

O4c8weZ.jpg

IAiJqEw.jpg

£450 seems a bit excessive to me. You can buy all the parts NIP for almost half that, which makes it one very expensive box.

Fair play if you can get that much though, good luck with the sale!

Couple of solds on ebay.com if they're any help;

Most recent one: $299
September: $400

If you're not sure of value, why not list it BIN with best offers?
At least the offers might give you an idea. Either that or £300 opening price with a BIN option on top

Thanks, for the advice.

I have found that over valuing even with a best offer can often put people off so like to pitch it in the right ball park. 

Equally, I don't want to under value and find it reappears a few days later by a re-seller rather than someone who will keep it.

Without loads of 'solds' in the UK it's always going to be a bit of a punt but you only pay fees on the sold value, not listings, so you may as well pitch it at top end and re-list lower if it doesn't sell.

If there's a price you'll be happy with, list it at that - there's always a chance someone will sell it on for more, so you have to ask yourself what do you need to sell it for in order to be sorted - In 6 months time it could be worth twice what it is now as it might be rarer by then, or it could be worth less if they do a second wave ;)

I was thinking the same as I have a kit NIB and started to watch a few (best to search for just Fox and not Nova Fox) and see which are the reissue kits. I've seen a couple sell recently for around the £200 mark. I've decided i'm keeping mine though so that will be one less on ebay to compete with ;-)

It isn't worth much more than the new price before being discontinued if you ask me.  Lots of brick and mortar shops have 1 or 2 left so anyone that really wants one will find them easily enough.  Might pay slightly more on Ebay just to save the hassle.

Well being a re release i got mine for 150 thats Australian dollars 2015 the original ones i have seen untouched in the box for 600-750  so yes your price is pretty high ,Id bring it down to say 150pounds :P

I ended up getting a number of offers for it well above rrp but kept it in the end.

Best offer I had was £350 cash in the end.

Ebay seems to bring right around the $299 USD range for a NIB Novafox. Over the last week i've seen a couple posted in the $499 range but no one is buying at that price. Obviously everyone is dumping them as the re-re-re-release is coming so they are trying to turn a profit.

I've been very lucky over the past year and gotten my hands on 5 right at or below the street price when new using Craigslist want ads.  

$299 USD seems like it would sell pretty quickly. 

Price should drop as it seems the new batch of production is not Japan only.

Actually, the novafox has never ever run out of stock in Japan since release. Every year when I visit, super rajikon has stock. They still have stock currently

22 hours ago, huasze said:

Actually, the novafox has never ever run out of stock in Japan since release. Every year when I visit, super rajikon has stock. They still have stock currently

You need t buy a pallet of these things and get them shipped here to the USA. I'll be your distributor and we'll make a fortune..... :)

• Like 1