Escher

Amazing Frog pic I found..

Hi folks - new to the forum, but not to RC... I had a Hornet back in the 80's but always wanted a Frog.  I have been delaying buying the re-re forever and decided to finally take the plunge for Christmas this year...  which brings me to my topic..

I was doing to searching on mods and found this amazing build - I think its an original Frog...  but simply gorgeous! 

I thought you guys would appreciate it...

Any idea how he got the frame White??

2804818786_c09a497c82_z.jpgGOLD FANTOM M.H. TAMIYA FROG BLUE LIGHTING MACHINE by GOLD FANTOM M.H. AESTHETICS, on Flickr

• Like 1

I've seen that shot floating around google image searches for some time.

as far as I could decifer it is a stock grey chassis that's been painted white. Aside from the obvious bling it's got modded front suspension.

it wouldn't take a lot of effort to replicate but a fair bit of a moola.

Thanks for the reply - I figured others had probably seen it, but its just so striking when you are used to the standard colors!

I like the layed down style of the modded front suspension - most of the modded Frog suspensions I've seen are very tall... I like that it keeps the low front profile.

• Like 1

Isn't that a re-release with the plastic ends on the rear shocks?

On 16 December 2016 at 8:53 AM, Fuijo said:

Isn't that a re-release with the plastic ends on the rear shocks?

I suspect it is a rerelease too but the shocks don't look standard to me. I have a rerelease Brat and that has full metal rear shocks that look totally different to these.

it is a great looking model and done nicely (I like the anodised centre section of the wheels surrounded by the stock white).