67CamaroSS

The other TA02 Truck Tamiya Should Have Done

This sits on a bone stock TA02T chassis.

I took a Tamiya Kingcab body set from our Canadian friends and had some custom decals made.

The masking job isnt great and there was some bleed issues.

I might cut the wheel arches more too. 

I also need to flip over the tires and put some proper Bridgestone decals on them but otherwise I am happy with it.  

61373d1211273096-95-nissan-hardbody-pick

final%20mears%201_zpspigfoq1f.jpg

final%20mears%202_zps8pxt6e8p.jpg

final%20mears%203_zpspjv6xzjw.jpg

• Like 24

Mate, that is killer, I couldn't get to the like button quick enough :D   I'm a massive fan of the TA02T and I have a couple, one with the F150 body and one with a pc Brat body.  I've wanted to do a Prerunner body for a while now but this could sway me.  You could even cut out the wheel arches for more clearance per the real truck too.

Are you using standard front body posts  ?

Ya, I'm gonna trim the wheel arches more.  The bed is a little deep and the hood a little high so the standard front mounts are a hair short. I fixed that with some HPI body mount extenders like the ones that come with Sprint 2.

Wow, that looks amazing!  I'm another fan of the TA02T series, although I haven't finished my Desert Fielder because I can't decide on a paint scheme.

Got big plans for my F150, which for a long time I used as a scale rig but is about to be converted for "other" duties ;) 

12 hours ago, Mad Ax said:

Wow, that looks amazing!  I'm another fan of the TA02T series, although I haven't finished my Desert Fielder because I can't decide on a paint scheme.

Got big plans for my F150, which for a long time I used as a scale rig but is about to be converted for "other" duties ;) 

White with Prerunner decals please !  :D

• Like 1