Sign in to follow this  
funkyfresh

Advice needed on NIB Vintage Bruiser

firstly, sorry if this is the wrong forum for asking this sort of question...

I have been out of the game for a few years now, but have a vintage Bruiser NIB in my loft. Ive tried looking on the classified section and searched eBay etc, but have no idea what it's worth? The box is tatty, but the blister packs inside are all fine (from memory it has been a few years since I have looked at it).

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Martin

The Bruiser was re-released as kit 58519 and NIB examples can be picked up for around the £500 - £600 on ebay currently.

The value of the vintage kit has no doubt taken a hit because of the re-release - I recall NIB vintage Bruisers selling for £1000+ a few years ago.

Yes, it would be good to see some pics, but as stated, the box is tatty so probably not of too much interest to a collector of NIB kits, possibly if they had a mint vintage boxed kit with some of the contents missing. With a tatty box it would probably appeal mostly to someone who is going to build it but then why not just buy a re-re ?  

2 hours ago, funkyfresh said:

firstly, sorry if this is the wrong forum for asking this sort of question...

I have been out of the game for a few years now, but have a vintage Bruiser NIB in my loft. Ive tried looking on the classified section and searched eBay etc, but have no idea what it's worth? The box is tatty, but the blister packs inside are all fine (from memory it has been a few years since I have looked at it).

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Martin

If you put it up on eBay with a buy it now price of c£650 plus best offer. Collection only and state payment on collection I would imagine you will get cash off eBay collection offers of in the range from £400-£550.

Given it is a vintage bruiser, you could set the starting price higher c£750-£950 with a best offer (collection only) and see if anything comes of it. It really depends if you have a value in your head to want to achieve and if you find a buyer who really want the vintage innards. Could easily find a buyer not so fussy about the box as they may have a mint vintage box to swap the contents into.  

With your location, collection only won't impact on value as you have a population of 15-20 million within a 2-3 hour drive which is quite comfortable for most for a kit like this. 

Is there any way you could sit on it for a little bit longer?

Looking at the trend it would seem the rere knocks prices down, right up until they are discontinued. Then the price of either rere or vintage goes back up again (see Mountain Rider, Novafox, Boomerang, Mazda 787, I could go on).

The Bruiser has been out for a while now. Lingering longer than the Mountain Rider, but perhaps now not for much longer as existing stock seems to be shifting very slowly.

If you can hang on for another 12 months or so, you may do rather better.