Sign in to follow this  
Mokei Kagaku

Porsche 914 / 916 body for M-Chassis available again!

For some years, I have struggled to get enough of the Carson Porsche 914 / 916 body and a couple of weeks ago, I managed to find the last I needed to be able to make all the versions I want. So, as could be expected, it's now suddenly available in what seems to be rather large quantities from a German eBayer. So I got another six bodies, but there seems to be plenty left, showing "more than 10" also after I  bought.

For those of you who may not know this body, I feel obliged to make a few remarks:

- Carson named it Porsche 914, but it's actually a 916, but can easily be painted and cut to look like a 914/6 GT. Especially the fenders are wrong for the regular 914/4 and 914/6.

- Being from Carson, the quality of the body and decals isn't particularly good, but OK and with careful painting and decalling, can be made to look really great.

- There's a Carson logo embossed in the rear bumper. On early production samples of the body, it's very prominent, but on later production samples, it's only an oval, probably due to mold wear. Anyway, it's in the place where the license plate would normally go, so for replicating a road going car, the logo isn't a big problem as it can be hidden under the license plate.

- The body fits the M02L and M04L, but I haven't checked whether it fits the M06L. If interested, tell me, and I'll check. It will fit M01L and possibly M03L and M05L too, but I reckon nobody wants a FWD Porsche anyway! May have to check if it fits the LWB-version of the MF-01X though!

http://www.ebay.de/itm/401247259477?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

• Like 1

That body looks cool. Are those the 1.9 Kawada wheels or mini size wheels

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shodog said:

That body looks cool. Are those the 1.9 Kawada wheels or mini size wheels

I don't know if they are from Kawada, but I used mini size wheels on the first body I painted (to replicate a 914/4 as closely as I could) and they look much smaller in relation to the body, so the wheels used in the eBay pic can't possibly be mini size wheels.

And by the way, for those of you who are into off-road only, try googling "Porsche 914 baja"! :P  And the Carson body is indeed very suitable for a baja conversion on an M04L chassis. Pics if interested.

The more I stared at the 914 pic It became apparent that they were 1.9.

84A6A23D-3B02-4EF1-BE2A-451D8E961AE7_zps

In my previous post I was asking  about the wheels because I was on the hunt for a sweet looking set of Mini size wheels. Since then I have obtained  a set of Kawada mini Racing Hart C4 wheels in a staggered fitment. 

A really killer looking set up on this 914 body would be a set of HPI Cup Racer Fuchs. They are smaller than 1.9 touring wheels but larger than Mini wheels

04.18.15%20062_zpspiioghet.jpg