Sign in to follow this  
Chip1

DF-02 vs DF-03 vs Egress

Hey,

Could anyone compare the chassis between DF-02, DF-03 and Egress? Which one is better in terms of racing?

Thank you.

I don't know anything about the DF-02, or the Egress for that matter.

Out of the box though the DF-03 is a sweet driving chassis and quite durable. Not exactly a racer though, unless you are just not-so-serious-club-racing.
There are a stack of hop-ups for it, from Tamiya and the after market that would bring it up to spec, or close.

The Egress, as far as I know was a race chassis, how well it did, I'm not sure. I think those Avante derived chassis worked well enough but were fragile, this is from what I have read on the web. Here in fact: http://www.tamiyaclub.com/car_comment.asp?cid=79

Good luck with your choice.

None are really race chassis - for that you want a DB-01 with as many Rs as you can afford.

The DF-02 is a basic basher buggy, the buggy sibling of the TT-01 touring car, quite rugged but not particularly adjustable without hop-ups, and lacking a slipper option.

The DF-03 has more adjustability, but suffers from a soft alloy idler gear which wears fast and for which the hardened upgrade is very hard to come by. I have also read that it tends to crack just behind the front bulkhead if jumped repeatedly, leading to the front of the car falling off.

The Egress was Tamiya's best attempt at a 4wd racing buggy back in its day, but it's day was a long time ago, and it is now considered a vehicle of historical significance rather than a top-of-the-line racing buggy. Technology has moved on considerably since it was released.

Really, if you want a racer, you'd be better off with a DB-01, ideally a DB-01RRR.

• Like 1