Newsh

Re-release predictions, post BigWig

I was reading back through a lot of previous topics on re-releases, and a common theme I noticed in multiple threads was that cars we never thought we'd see get a re-re have eventually been done. Monster Beetle, Blackfoot, BigWig to name but a few, so I was wondering, with BigWig round the corner, what else we might see from Tamiya this year?

Personally I would love be to see the Falcon get a a re-re. Wasn't the best technically, and wasn't the most popular but I think it would do pretty well as a re-release. I'd buy a couple

Do we have an up to date list of all the Re-releases? Latest I could find was circa 2014

• Like 2

Now that I have a Bigwig on order, my personal choices would be Top Force Evolution, Astute/Super Astute.

Maybe at the end of 2017 early 2018 we may see a Super Sabre or a Hotshot 2.....

• Like 1

Ford F150 Ranger XLT, Toyota 4x4 Pick Up, 4x4 Blazing Blazer, King Cab or Toyota Hilux Monster Racer ..... I think in other words it will be a Pick Up :o

7 hours ago, Snappy1 said:

Now that I have a Bigwig on order, my personal choices would be Top Force Evolution, Astute/Super Astute.

Maybe at the end of 2017 early 2018 we may see a Super Sabre or a Hotshot 2.....

I heard that too, although I would prefer Super Sabre over Hotshot 2

Astute would be good

Clod Buster 30th anniversary this year isn't it. 

That would be a well received kit and easy win for Tamiya. 

• Like 1

Clodbuster would be insta-buy for me. Shouldn't be too hard for Tamiya given that Super Clod and Bullhead are out there.

Would love an original style Clod to go with my Bullhead

12 minutes ago, Prescient said:

Clod Buster 30th anniversary this year isn't it. 

That would be a well received kit and easy win for Tamiya. 

I think that because the clod and the bull are out there still, and I think still being given production runs, there wouldn't be a 30th anni clod released.

Tho in saying that, it is possible they could do it, but as a limited 1 off production run is where I'd be placing my money, don't get me wrong, if they did do it, I'd so be getting my LHS to order it in *lol*

I would love a rere top force evo but then they would need the dynatech to go with it , i buy one without it regardless lol.

959 would be another one , not sure why but it intrigues me lol

King cab would be a hit and it could spawn the astute , super astute and maybe madcap which would be super sweet

• Like 1

Hilux, F150 Ranger XLT, Clod Anniversary would be instant buys.  For cars only a Super Sabre or re-re-re Fox would be sure things for me.  

Super Sabre could be on for a re-re as the Boomerang has already been done & share many parts.

Would be surprised if the Astute / Super Astute got re-re'd due to so many unique parts, same with the 959 & Celica.

Astute gearbox a notorious weak point, probably need a re-design to cope with todays more powerful motors.

Top Force Evo could be a good bet as the Top Force was re-re'd a few years ago and most of the parts trees are fairly common anyway.

I'm sure potential sales volumes are carefully considered and balanced out against investment in any new tooling required.

The Ranger pick-up on the SRB chassis has to be a favourite candidate for a re-re as its the only SRB which hasn't been done yet.     

Super Sabre would be fantastic, but if it should be the second rere in 2017, I doubt they would do another 4wd buggy. Still hope for it though.

If not, then I will like a Celica gr. B or 959 please 😊

• Like 2

I've got as much inside information into the apparent erratic rere-plans of Tamiya as a cinder block so I can't predict anything, but I am hoping for something really cool. Which in my book would be as far away from a SRB as possible (no offense,) and closer to a Top Force Evo, Nissan King Cab etc. 

Actually, since I sold my left testicle to Lucifer for a nib Super Astute I would've loved for that to be re released. Then I'd get to keep it nib and drive it too, and I could also be in the know and say stuff like: 
They must've swapped the company that produces the carton for the boxes because it flexes more and the rere box doesn't smell like wet dreams and japanese lager. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, backtomyroots said:

Juggernaut is coming.

Aah, wasn't even thinking about a Juggernaut!!  I'd take two of those for sure.

As a few have already said topforce evo would be the one for me seeing I missed the last re re topforce .

19 hours ago, backtomyroots said:

Juggernaut is coming.

This would sell very well and I guess priced at the $350-$450 / £350-£450 price point. Especially if it was the original Juggernaut 1 variant but with the upgraded Jug 2 / TXT parts. 

After ordering a 40th Anniversary Porsche 934 & pre-ordering a BigWig, my last re-release request is for a Porsche 959. For me the mid '80s-mid '90s was the golden age of Tamiay RC, and through their recent re-res I'm able to go back in time, so to speak, and pick up some kits that I could only drool over in their catalogs.  Please keep it up Mr. Tamiya! :D

• Like 1

A 30th anniversary clod would be a delight! I have little interest in a red coloured super clod disguised as a re-released version of the original tho. The Nissan King Cab and Terra scorcher are my favourite picks for a re re

I can't keep up. I have many already, but I'm behind on these :- Boomerang, Novafox, Fast Attack Shark Mouth, Blackfoot and Monster Beetle. Pretty sure I'll need a Big Wig too. Two of the above are already discontinued. ☹️

• Like 1

Pretty sure it will be a black version of the Top Force or Egress since i found these leaked pictures on a thrusted site. 

DSC_5850_zpsdtcad0sx.jpg

egressblackspecial02.jpg

Fingers crossed :-)

• Like 4

My money is on the KingCab. I thought it was going to be announced before the BigWig. I'm almost 100% sure because what I really want is a 959 and Tamiya hate me, so they'll re re another model that I had and want to kinda keep me happy, albeit without the one I really want.:lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Theibault said:

My money is on the KingCab. I thought it was going to be announced before the BigWig. I'm almost 100% sure because what I really want is a 959 and Tamiya hate me, so they'll re re another model that I had and want to kinda keep me happy, albeit without the one I really want.:lol:

I am with you on that. @Dante77 posted a message a couple of years ago about the Monster Beetle re-release months before it happened and he also mentioned the King Cab, and I think there was something in it....a bit like the Egress rumour that took a couple of years to come to fruition.

This was the post... 

I also think the Blazing Blazer is on the way. In fact that's what I think the "big" 2017 re-release will be, with the King Cab being a nice little sideline re-re. :)

• Like 1