I have a dt-03t aqroshot  which is the same exact thing minus body and tires and i can tell you it takes a bashing. It has alot of available hop ups. With my truck the only stock weak spot i found is the rear plastic knuckles. I went through 2 sets until i bought the gpm aluminum ones. One other minor complaint is the steering has alot of play but for bashing it really shouldnt be an issue

About the cheapest kit Tamiya do and comes with oil dampers and Torque tuned motor.

Very hard wearing and bullet proof gears boxes so buy three and bash, bash, bash

I picked up one last night, I have completed the chassis build and sprayed the body at work today.

All I have to do is assemble the shocks, put the tyres and wheels on and I'll be ready to run it at the weekend with my son!

The build is amazingly smooth, no glitches or obstacles. Go for it.

• Like 1

I've just finished building my dt-03t, it's an absolute pleasure to build you almost just have to shake the box and turn it upside down and a finished model falls out. Gotta love the old school 2wd design they're really so easy to work on. 

On 03/01/2017 at 0:23 AM, Rb4276 said:

I have a dt-03t aqroshot  which is the same exact thing minus body and tires and i can tell you it takes a bashing. It has alot of available hop ups. With my truck the only stock weak spot i found is the rear plastic knuckles. I went through 2 sets until i bought the gpm aluminum ones. One other minor complaint is the steering has alot of play but for bashing it really shouldnt be an issue

Those aluminium rear hubs aren't around anymore... you got em whilst they were good ;)

Are these not them Jason?

http://tamico.de/GPM-Alu-Radtraeger-hinten-1-Paar-fuer-Tamiya-DT-02-DT-03-DT3022-Silber

ps, another DT03T here. For DT03 Tamico has them for 59 euros at the moment for the Neo... and the fighter buggy

http://tamico.de/Tamiya-Neo-Fighter-Buggy-DT-03-Bausatz-58587

http://tamico.de/Tamiya-Racing-Fighter-Buggy-DT-03-Bausatz-58628

I just ordered a Neo for spares as I managed to smash mine up in a big way and needed a chassis and for the momey this was the way to go!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jason1145 said:

Those aluminium rear hubs aren't around anymore... you got em whilst they were good ;)

I actually bought them in November directly from gpm in blue to match my tamiya hop ups. If I remember correctly it was the last set, but you can find some ugly colors on ebay. Also be warned do not by jazz rider/rc damper aluminum hop ups they are garbage i learned the hard way. 

I love mine, too low for grass, but it REALLY shines in loose dirt and gravel. So much fun seeing it kick up little rooster tails on full tilt.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Rb4276 said:

I actually bought them in November directly from gpm in blue to match my tamiya hop ups. If I remember correctly it was the last set, but you can find some ugly colors on ebay. Also be warned do not by jazz rider/rc damper aluminum hop ups they are garbage i learned the hard way. 

Those Jazrider items did look ok but ta for the warning.

What motor and batteries are you guys tuning for the DT03?

Just dropped this in my fighter buggy, goes a treat. Did have a 550 Titan 12t but it was shutting down. Titan was faster, but this is more controllable and runs till it's flat with a 2s lipo.image.png

I recently bought one of those brushless setups for my Sakura D4 CS drift car.  Nice easy to use combo, especially if you get the programmer card, although it's not as fast as the earlier Trackstar Turbo combo that I have in my HotShot - that would be insane in a 2wd buggy.

I have a castle sidewinder 5600kv, it was popping wheelies until i lowered the motor and addee some weight to the front. It still flies like that

Yep, I have some wider rims on order. Need more grip. And tuff as so far, it's hit the square cement gutter, big gum tree, my trailer and the car at full noise all with no damage. Don't use it in the back yard much any more, take it to the local park mostly for the extra space.

6 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

Those Jazrider items did look ok but ta for the warning.

What motor and batteries are you guys tuning for the DT03?

I'm using the kit standard torque tuned and esc with a lipo + alarm. I wanted to keep it tame, it's still fun for me and plenty challenging for friends to knock around with it.

Hello, new here!  Started with a Blackfoot back in 1991. Just finished a re-re Lunch Box, and decided for a Racing Fighter that should ship today. I was hoping someone can confirm if this pinion will work for the DT-03 Racing Fighter

http://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR310420

Already ordered the aluminum servo mount, battery post, and a set of bearings. Comes with oil CVA's and a Torque Tuned motor, and I plan to keep it mostly stock for backyard fun, not so much racing.

Can't lose with the DT-03. Good kit for the money. Mine drives very smooth.
Order/buy some bearings with it too AND a decent servo saver. The kit one is crap.

2 hours ago, nosajh said:

Hello, new here!  Started with a Blackfoot back in 1991. Just finished a re-re Lunch Box, and decided for a Racing Fighter that should ship today. I was hoping someone can confirm if this pinion will work for the DT-03 Racing Fighter

http://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR310420

Already ordered the aluminum servo mount, battery post, and a set of bearings. Comes with oil CVA's and a Torque Tuned motor, and I plan to keep it mostly stock for backyard fun, not so much racing.

That pinion will work fine.

5 hours ago, volvotech said:

I'm using the kit standard torque tuned and esc with a lipo + alarm. I wanted to keep it tame, it's still fun for me and plenty challenging for friends to knock around with it.

Yes I forgot the tble-02s can run lipo if you keep an external lipo alarm plugged in... I'm running mine on stock esc and torqu tuned motor too but only nimh so far..... I'm going to measure the top speed and then put in a 2s and 3s lipo and see what changes in speed occur on each one... just for research ;)

8 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

That pinion will work fine.

Thanks for confirming! I also ordered the Tamiya aluminum steering arms, should start building it next week after all the parts get here.

7 hours ago, Rb4276 said:

I have a castle sidewinder 5600kv, it was popping wheelies until i lowered the motor and addee some weight to the front. It still flies like that

Rb that sound quite rapid, was you using lipo and what did you weigh it down with?

Got another question for the Racing Fighter DT-03. I read this model has some slight improvements over the Neo Fighter, like 25° angles on the front and included CVA oil dampers, but I wasnt sure if it came with ball differential like below. If not, would it be worthwhile to upgrade to this? What would be beneficial over what comes stock? Thanks

https://www.tamiyausa.com/items/radio-control-parts-70/hop-up-parts-72000/rc-dt-02-ball-differential-set-53863

11 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

Rb that sound quite rapid, was you using lipo and what did you weigh it down with?

2s lipo and i used some team losi and 3racing weights, some on the chassis and the carbon shock tower. The losi ones dont stick so well so i would recommend them. 

9 minutes ago, nosajh said:

Got another question for the Racing Fighter DT-03. I read this model has some slight improvements over the Neo Fighter, like 25° angles on the front and included CVA oil dampers, but I wasnt sure if it came with ball differential like below. If not, would it be worthwhile to upgrade to this? What would be beneficial over what comes stock? Thanks

https://www.tamiyausa.com/items/radio-control-parts-70/hop-up-parts-72000/rc-dt-02-ball-differential-set-53863

It does not come with the ball diff and i wouldn't recommend it for bashing.  You have to worry about rebuilding it and the stock gear diff is bulletproff

• Like 1