Sign in to follow this  
BigAl69002

Can anyone ID this?

My daughter has this car..it needs new tyres and a decent 2.4ghz  upgrade before we can use it properly..also needs a high turn motor to slow it down.

It has no makers name that we can se...but...on the front lower arms, the markings match my tamiya ones.

Does anyone know what this is? Thanks.DSCN3500.JPG

DSCN3501.JPG

It's a Cross Tiger made by HBX.  The chassis is a clone of the TL01B but fitted with monster truck wheels and tyres.  I'm not sure if all parts are interchangeable - I wouldn't be surprised either way.

I've never seen one in the flesh although a Cross Tiger shell was fitted on my first Blackfoot Extreme, which came from someone on this forum a long, long time ago.

2 minutes ago, TWINSET said:

It's a clone of a Twin Detonator/Wild Dagger - you might find genuine Tamiya parts fit

That was my first thought but if you look under the front right arch you can see the TL01 propshaft and bevel gear cover :)

• Like 1

You're quick today - deleted that when I saw the propshaft :lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TWINSET said:

You're quick today - deleted that when I saw the propshaft :lol:

I was just about to post when I was notified you'd replied.  I had to go and double-check myself before I corrected you ;)

5 hours ago, Mad Ax said:

It's a Cross Tiger made by HBX.  The chassis is a clone of the TL01B but fitted with monster truck wheels and tyres.  I'm not sure if all parts are interchangeable - I wouldn't be surprised either way.

I have a Pantera in my showroom that was from a TL01 based HBX clone. When I snapped off the front of the chassis I replace it with a Tamiya chassis. Most parts fitted except I had to order some new internal gear parts and shafts as they were slightly different. Everything else was fine though.

I also had two clones of TL01B, they were sold here by Narva Lights, they make automotive lights and had produced there own RC car. I think the manual I got with that was from a Chinese company called Rival.

narva.jpg

• Like 2