I'm currently upgrading a Tamiya Lunchbox and have bought some Tamiya chrome wheels.  I've noticed that on the wheels themselves are indente whith small circles (as if to be like real wheels).  I thought about drilling through these wheels to get a 'pepperpot-effect'.  Has anyone ever tried this?  I experimented on a stock yellow wheel with a cordless drill and although it went well it left burrs on the back of the wheel, a Dremel sander attachment got rid of this but I really need a wire spoke brush of tiny proportions!  Any thoughts please?

Show us a picture of what you've done!

the issue will be with chrome wheels is that the bit you drill will not be chrome plated. Maybe you can fix this with chrome paint but I'm thinking probably not. At that point you're looking at stripping the chrome plate and totally refinishing the wheel

If you get burrs on the back, where you have drilled through these can be removed with a countersink or just carefully run a larger drill, by hand from the reverse side.

Hi there, many thanks for all of your suggestions.  I have tried uploading on here but it won't let me!  I get the messae: " You are only allowed to upload 4.88mb."

That sounds a great idea about the countersunk drill bit or larger drill, I tried with my small dremel brush but it pretty much wasted the little brush!  It will be quite a good look I think.  How come it doesn't let you upload more than anything larger than 4.88mb?

Cheers!