Newsh

My re-re Bullhead - finally finished

Ever since it hit the shops in 1991, I wanted a Bullhead. I never got one as a kid, but now I'm a grown adult/big kid I've finally got myself one, albeit the re-released version.

I've had it a while, but believe it or not only finshed the build over the Christmas holidays. I didn't manage to get many buld pics at all, but i did get some while painting the shell.

At last!

36B4FE80-F082-4CDD-B606-76AA8CCB891F_zps

Painting - primer coat then a few light coats of Tamiya Metallic Blue, then Tamiya Clear.

bullhead1_zpsthtwz7fn.jpg

bullhead2_zpsaornylmr.jpg

This is the only build picture I managed to get (spot the little helper)

8CB653E3-E549-4624-B965-05B6929812FB_zps

And the finished article. Fully ball-raced and painted box art. The only difference is that I bought an extra flag as I always wanted two when i was a kid.

This thing is a beast.

4513B6FD-6360-46E8-A89A-C26793546816_zps

479A9885-CDA9-4815-82EB-AFB95B4C1AD3_zps

Took it outside for some shots, although the light makes it look like a flat blue even though its quite shiny in the flesh

bullhead10_zpsax2g6od3.jpg

bullhead7_zpsr1iji4qo.jpg

bullhead11_zpsxvdurvvg.jpg

Won't be running this near any tarmac, if i take it out it will be soft dirt or a beach - frightened of rolling it and trashing the body. Might have to get a spare shell :)

Cheers

• Like 9

Perfect! Great finish on the paint, sets it off a treat. The second flag is a nice touch too.

• Like 1

Thanks all - just waiting for some decent weather so i can take it out for a drive!

I actually used Games Workshop Corax White for the primer as I'd ran out of fine surface primer, and then after a few coats of the Tamiya Metallic Blue, I used Tamiya Clear as a clear coat.

Cool bullhead! My 2nd ever tamiya when I was a kid. B)

• Like 1