Sign in to follow this  
BigAl69002

Slowing down a TL01B

Hi all, I need/want to slow down a HBX Cross Tiger, that apparently is a Tamiya TL01B cloned chassis with monster (120mm dia) wheels and tyres.

It is too fast for my daughter to handle, she comes out with my mate and I, we both have scale CC01's and use for trails and light crawling.

How? What is a cost effective way of doing it?

High turn motor?, new pinion/spur gears?. gru?

Any ideas?.

DSCN3500.JPG

7 minutes ago, TwistedxSlayer said:

adjust throttle on the transmitter, I know that I can limit mine.

This is what I would do or limit the esc, Which controller & esc do you have? pic's :)

Limiting throttle limits speed, but it also limits torque - the last thing you want when running a rig with oversize tyres and limited gearing options. However a high turn motor gives less speed with more torque - exactly what you need with such a model.

• Like 1

Cheers lads, We both run the FlySky FS-i6 radios, and yes we've tried limiting the throttle channel on the radio, but as TurnipJF states, the torque is seriously compromised...I have ordered a 45 turn GoolRC motor from fleabay, we'll try that first, see how we get on.

Once again, thanks for the replies.

• Like 1

That should solve it. I put a 50 turn motor in my nieces mardave meteor, just the right amount of speed & loads of torque.