THE SMOOTHEE

Tamiya promotional movies, your favourite takes.

That's right, it is me who makes the copy of the Hotshot bench model. Unfortunately due to lack of time I have only slow Progress. However, once I prepped the wooden Display cabinet, I can Mount the model and only have to make the elektroniks underneath. I will sure present further Progress soon.

On 1/8/2017 at 5:37 PM, Badboy said:

The music in Tamiya Hilux promo! Specially when it start to run down the dunes!

Man that Hilux music would be right at home on an episode of CHiPs. :D Come to think of it, the blue truck gives just a slight homage to John's Chevy truck. Anyway, that leap by the white truck was just ASTOUNDING, couldn't believe the amount of air that was catching.

Thanks to you guys, watching the videos I didn't get to see has put me off building and such for the day, but I will get out there soon.

On 1/10/2017 at 4:38 PM, Wandy said:

THE best Tamiya promo video ever....end of discussion. :D This video is singularly responsible for my obsession with the Hotshot and love of all things Tamiya in general. The jump that the buggy makes in this video at 3:35 is a scene unparalleled in any other Tamiya vid IMO. 

"Now heeeerrre's the buggy you have been waiting for...The Hotshot!"

It is lovely to see the good ole Number 1 prototype in action, yes it seems a member got a hold of one, but did he keep it and WHY didn't I buy it off him ages ago???? Anyway, would love to get that alternate blue and white color combo down on a body I have here. Since TamTom has checked back in, I can call off the search for him as I really want to see his progress and finish of that rarity build he is making.

4 hours ago, Crash Cramer said:

......would love to get that alternate blue and white color combo down on a body I have here. 

Me too. I have been meaning to copy it for years. I need to get some screenshots of it and get it nailed down.

One of my favorite tamiya vid moments was watching the toyota grb jump off a seemingly 20ft drop when in reality it was probably just a couple feet. I looked in amazement as the video paused mid jump....it seemed that this car was indestructible and had every conceivable upgrade. Looking back now and owning a toyota and porsche 959 i realize what a fantastic advertising job tamiya did by capturing the imagination of all the kids back in the day, i also have a bit of a chuckle to myself knowing that poor toyota grb probably smashed to bits at the bottom of that jump. I live in hope that that these two iconic cars will someday be re-released, i think they would be one of the most popular rereleases to date. I'd certainly buy a few.

• Like 1