Indetrucks

Can-Am Lola / Datsun Part Question

This is a complete hail Mary but it anyone knows this part, it's you guys ;)

Does anyone know where I can source this small speed control brass bushing for the 58021-58022 MK1 Can-Am Lola / Datsun?
Is this something a hardware store would even stock? It's not a typical bushing, it has a small lip on the topside.

Bushing circled in picture.

58021 bottom.jpg

1 hour ago, Indetrucks said:
Does anyone know where I can source this small speed control brass bushing for the 58021-58022 MK1 Can-Am Lola / Datsun?

As the Datsun doesn't use the RM MSC, the bushing is only used for the Lola, and I reckon you actually know that.

I dug out two new built Lolas I have after seeing your post, just to discover that one of mine was also missing the bushing. I checked my box of Tamiya bronze bushings and found two that have the same inner diameter and same two outer diameters as the original "Lola" Bushing. However, it's 3.6mm instead of 2.5mm high and both the narrow portion and wider flange portion are higher. Being a soft material, I'm pretty sure it can be made thinner rather easily, but I mounted one of them in my Lola that was missing the bushing, and fit of the "too high" bushing is actually better than with the original bushing. A case of the wellknown "Tamiya ample clearances". ;-) I too think it's a pity it's not identical to the original part, but it's all I can offer, and better than nothing, I guess?

Anyway, I have two bushings and need just one for my second Lola, so I'll drop the last one into the parcel I'm preparing for you right now anyway, if you don't mind? For free too, of course.

• Like 1

Holy cow!  I didn't think I had a chance finding that bushing (or anything like it). So happy right now, I could kiss ya!

Thank you (yet again) for the help. I owe ya BIG TIME!

• Like 1