Sign in to follow this  
SNAKEBITE

Dirt Proofing a Rising Fighter

Has anyone got any suggestions on how I can weather/dirt proof my sons Rising Fighter?

He has a habit of driving it through puddles and other muck and I wanted to try and protect it as much as possible!

Many Thanks

Rising.jpg

I know I need to tidy up the wires as well!

Put the receiver and esc into balloons or something similar, cable tie the opening to seal them up. I'm assuming that it's running a silver can type motor? If so you can also stretch a balloon over the end of the motor or even cover any holes in the motor with blu-tac to keep the mank out. You used to be able to get molded rubber "boots" that went over the end of the can but I've not seen them in ages so I dunno if they're still available or not. 

For the servo you can coat the joints in the case with plasti-dip to waterproof them. 

That's pretty much  how I waterproofed my "wet" car for racing and it worked perfectly. 

• Like 2

As above - that is how my Mad Bull was waterproofed, and it has had no issues with wet running.

As for motor protection, a piece of breathable foam kept in place with a rubber band works well and doesn't affect cooling as much as a balloon would. (Brushed motors don't mind getting wet - you only need to keep the sand and stones out.)

• Like 1

Mine has one of these cheap waterproof ESCs in it

http://www.mtroniks.net/prod/car-speed-controls/Viper-Autosport-20.htm

They are all I really fit to cars these days, about £15-£17 on the bay.

The original Tamiya one that came with the kit died the moment the buggy did a Hollywood-style series of rolls off the highest point of the local BMX track, and straight into the only puddle on the track.

Edited by Coopdevil
wrong url
  • Like 1