ducati848

tamiya 58008 (never used)

Very nice! Looks amazing and I love that futaba transmitter.ย B)

• Like 2

I always feel nervous when something that is "never run" is photographed sitting on tarmac, loaded with batteries :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

true true, hard to beleave im sure but this is the first time the car has seen day light

just wanted some nice scale shots out side with good lighting

check my speed controller not a mark on it and that battery is from 80.s ย didnt even care to see if it would charge up

just all for the full vintage look all show and no go

• Like 1

That model is in immaculate condition.
I envy anyone that can keep a model that old looking that nice.
I guess it helps if it is never used.ย ย :D
That Futaba remote is quite rare I imagine.

On 12/30/2019 at 11:25 AM, jtveg said:

That model is in immaculate condition.
I envy anyone that can keep a model that old looking that nice.
I guess it help if it is never used.ย ย :D
That Futaba remote is quite rare I imagine.

The radio isnยดt that hard to come by actually. I have one that I bought NIB off ebay a few years ago and Iยดve seen others pop up NIB.ย 

• Thanks 1

On 1/21/2017 at 8:31 AM, Hibernaculum said:

I always feel nervous when something that is "never run" is photographed sitting on tarmac, loaded with batteries :)

I just noticed there are no AA batteries installed, ie for the receiver. So he probably had no intention of driving it. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

6 hours ago, jtveg said:

I just noticed there are no AA batteries installed, ie for the receiver. So he probably had no intention of driving it. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

It's a Mechanical a Speed Controller (MSC) but... accidentally jog the throttle servo and it'll motor awayย on its own - no control needed. :Pย 

Proper Operating Procedure = Main drive battery should never be connected ("LIVE!") until Radiogear is all switched on and tested operational, including range check... :)ย 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WillyChang said:

It's a Mechanical a Speed Controller (MSC) but... accidentally jog the throttle servo and it'll motor awayย on its own - no control needed. :Pย 

Proper Operating Procedure = Main drive battery should never be connected ("LIVE!") until Radiogear is all switched on and tested operational, including range check... :)ย 

Yes, you are absolutely right. You should never connect the main battery, especially on a mechanical speed controller until you are ready to run and your transmitter is already on and trimmed (or the wheels are off the ground).

• Like 1

The windscreen wiper on that is amazing! Considering its 1/12 and must by tiny. I hate the vinyl decal wipers on modern kits - proper scale ones add a massive amountย of realismย  to a kit

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jtveg said:

Yes, you are absolutely right. You should never connect the main battery, especially on a mechanical speed controller until you are ready to run and your transmitter is already on and trimmed (or the wheels are off the ground).

ProperOP =ย If you know/suspect there are other RCers nearby, one should switch on the Receiver first... just in case there's somebody on your Frequency. If your car doesn't pickup spurious signals then it's safe to turn on your Tx.ย 

If you simply turn on your TX first... and then witness another racer's model go out of control... it's guaranteed 1) he won't be very happy with a broken car & 2) his Tx still works &ย he knows exactly what frequency you're on...ย <_<-_-

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, WillyChang said:

ProperOP =ย If you know/suspect there are other RCers nearby, one should switch on the Receiver first... just in case there's somebody on your Frequency. If your car doesn't pickup spurious signals then it's safe to turn on your Tx.ย 

If you simply turn on your TX first... and then witness another racer's model go out of control... it's guaranteed 1) he won't be very happy with a broken car & 2) his Tx still works &ย he knows exactly what frequency you're on...ย <_<-_-

Great point. ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿผย  I never used this procedure because I've actually never raced or had more than two or three other cars around and we always knew what frequencies / channel we were all on.

I used to always turn my transmitter on first.

I will be adopting your method from now on.

Thanks. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ