Newbies sharing, just tryout. here to share some of the mod i did for kyosho re-release series, thinking of some body may interested in the mod and improvement i did. 

IMG_7703.JPG

- Front knuckle of Tomahawk replace with RB5 parts. thinking of mounting modern wheel.

IMG_7193.JPG

- For Beatle, replace front and rear shock with optima re release 12mm bore shock. and the handling just feel much more better. 

IMG_7383.JPG

-Optima 2016: adding cooling fan at rear motor protecting cage.

• Like 1

IMG_7197.JPG Drive cup trim off to accept the tamiya drive sleeve.

IMG_7219.JPG

Enlarge knuckle pivot hole for brass sleeve to eliminate the slack/ free play.

IMG_7332.JPG

Beatle rear tire will fit optima wheel. tested, as visually seem bigger than spike tire.

IMG_7347.JPG

Optima rear shock on Beatle gear drive assembly.

IMG_7183.JPG

3.5mm thk beefy new shock tower will take the abuse.

Good job. Love all your Kyosho's. Just got my first Kyosho - a Scorpion 2014. Any recommendations for a motor. Not interested in fast, just something that'll be torque'y enough for off-road whilst maintaining the vintage feel. Would love to put a Le Mans in there, but stupid money. Quite like the Tamiya Dirt Tuned?

On 25/11/2017 at 2:24 AM, gold682 said:

Good job. Love all your Kyosho's. Just got my first Kyosho - a Scorpion 2014. Any recommendations for a motor. Not interested in fast, just something that'll be torque'y enough for off-road whilst maintaining the vintage feel. Would love to put a Le Mans in there, but stupid money. Quite like the Tamiya Dirt Tuned?

Will recommend between 17.5 - 19.5 will made the model more realistic when running it. And Kyosho Leman 240 motor will be nice, but not the Leman esc, as the esc don’t come with fan, seem too hot with the present battery capacity.

12 hours ago, Granddad Stinky said:

Great work. I like the Beetle tyres on the Optima.

Thanks......

On 29/11/2017 at 6:14 PM, gold682 said:

Nice (but wheres the Scorpion?) :P

😓😓😓😓ya......hard to get for that model. My supplier said out of stock.........sad.

7 minutes ago, Siang20 said:

😓😓😓😓ya......hard to get for that model. My supplier said out of stock.........sad.

Which country are you in?

Kyosho X groove ring perform way better comparing to ordinary o ring, fine dirt are now sure hard to get into silicon fluid.

8520ECBF-702B-4CD5-8BAB-6EC3FE3075D2.jpeg