Couple of years ago I got a cc01 with a Range Rover Classic shell, had a few runs and used the chassis for my now G4 discovery. Since then the shell has gathered dust and almost threw it away in a pre Christmas clear out, put in the loft until now. 

Removed from hibernation this morning and couldn't help thinking....I need another project!

so..good lady out for the day and a bit of free time, shell before I begin :D

IMG_20170121_1622337_zpsg4zboseg.jpg

Bit bruised and a colour I wasn't pleased with. Browsed range rover classic pics and paint shopping tomorrow...... 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Davy Crockett said:

CC01 chassis in a box ready for the build! 

excellent, I'll be following along :D I just got a second hand CC01 and found it a lot of fun, so keen to see what you do. Are you planning any upgrades?

6 hours ago, yogi-bear said:

excellent, I'll be following along :D I just got a second hand CC01 and found it a lot of fun, so keen to see what you do. Are you planning any upgrades?

Rear suspension mod and brick cut off the front like all my cc01s 

Locked diffs make a huge difference too

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/80500-tamiya-cc01-land-cruiser-40/

58 minutes ago, Davy Crockett said:

Rear suspension mod and brick cut off the front like all my cc01s 

Locked diffs make a huge difference too

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/80500-tamiya-cc01-land-cruiser-40/

I completely missed that thread! Awesome work.

Have you tried any steering mods? I am tempted to try a front steering mod where you run the linkages from the front and you put the servo where you've cut off the front. Protect it all with the bash plate.