ALEXKYRIAK

My Terra Scorcher

Hi all, so I was visiting my folks this weekend, was telling them about my newfound interest in the hobby. As a kid back in the 80s I had a Hornet and then a Terra Scorcher. Dad says "let's check the garage!". Lo and behold, there's the (rather dishevelled looking) Terra Scorcher. Wow. It's so old and rickety, but it's great to see it. Brings back some good memories. Looking at it, there's a few screws missing, many of the joints and hinges seem a bit too loose! "Who built this!?" I ask myself. Then I remember it was me at the age of about 12....  It's so old it runs on crystal frequency control.

Anyway, I brought it home with me.... not sure what to do with this. Might turn it into a refurb project (even though I want to try to find and refurb other cars... Fox, for example, always loved that car...!). But I have three other projects on the go right now - yes having just got back into this hobby, I went mad and now have three other projects....

Anyway, some pics:

7DDC7F3F-4BBC-4D87-A903-8D97521EDA5D_zps

02F8B0C1-AE2B-4871-93C4-0B316A0948EB_zps

FCB86368-219B-446C-867D-7CFEEE73B4BC_zps

B087A7B0-03DC-4715-B9E3-6F29831ACDB0_zps

D5305BA0-C54E-4F6D-8A42-E412A4FB59D7_zps

19937400-D26B-47AB-B84D-6657A938A9F1_zps

CE32B215-99E5-4808-A845-7807A6AD92EA_zps

• Like 2

Great that you still have it.

Shouldn't be too hard to restore, definitely keep it

• Like 2

Hey Newsh, thanks, yes have been checking out parts on the web. I reckon I could get this thing back up to a good condition. I have two new build Tamiyas waiting in the wings, about to start soon, but this would be an interesting "side project", in that it would be a restoration rather than new kit. Is it only me or is there some strange obsession amongst those present on Tamiya Club with finding obscure, ancient parts on the internet and then paying mad money for them....? I have this crazy urge to obtain them...  Totting up the various new components for this thing quickly becomes expensive. ;)

Its not just you ;)

I've sold goodies from my other hobbies to fund my Tamiya nostalgia trip