eradinus

Will the Avante 2011 be re released?

I hope so! Really annoyed I did not get one. Some people on ebay trying to sell them for £900 which seems a bit unlikely but if they don' re-re-re then it may look like a bargain in a few years time.

When the nib prices get high enough and they've re-released everything else (or sooner,) they might deem it financially viable to go full circle and start all over again. If you check the "sold listings" box on ebay though you see they aren't selling for really stupid amounts, though still very much a painful amount of money. 

It's a relative short period of time since the re release so I'm not holding my breath for another run yet. The Black Special had (from what I've read on here,) such a short production period, so maybe they could shift some units if they tossed in a bonus shell and the regular decals? 

It's my favorite RC car, and I would really love for the kit to be re re-released, now that I can finally afford it.

Funny you should mention this...

While trolling through the Tamiya section on Modelsport, I noticed something on the left.

Avante.jpg.9aed2e18eeb59a5098454376315e9

See it?

But when you click on it, it takes you Here  :huh:

28 minutes ago, MadInventor said:

Hopefully the 2001 would be re-re'd before the 2011 gets a re-re-re

Am I correct in thinking all that would require on Tamiya's part is white camlock wheels as they've already re-released the shell and decals for the 2001 and the buggy itself is sort of the re-released Egress?

@eradinus since they just announced the re-release of the Top Force I would say another run of the Avante might be closer than we think. 

Yes, it seems like it, doesn't it? I will hold off on purchasing an Egress, and instead wait for re re of either the Avante 2011 or 2001.

Oh no, never resist. You most certainly need both the Egress and a re re Avante. Trust me. 

• Like 1

On 23/01/2017 at 7:21 PM, christam said:

Funny you should mention this...

While trolling through the Tamiya section on Modelsport, I noticed something on the left.

Avante.jpg.9aed2e18eeb59a5098454376315e9

See it?

But when you click on it, it takes you Here  :huh:

FYI this was an error on MS behalf. For some reason the Man TGX was listed under the Avante. There is no Avante re release and the issue has been resolved :P

The Avante 2011 is a superior machine to the 1988 version. I recently completed my 2011 and compared it to the 88 one. It looks nicer, has thicker shock towers and the front turnpiece(dunno what's that called) is cnc metal instead of cast iron. The shell has a overspray(no overspray or cutting needed for the 88) film as well. I'm sure the 2011 will be rereleased again.   If you get 1 off eBay, get the 2011. Don't bother with the 1988---that belongs on the shelf. 

I certainly hope so. Although on Tamiya USA's website, it says the model has been discontinued. So hopefully it gets re released in a new form true to its original form. ie. avante 2017. 

I wouldn't mind seeing the Vanquish re-released, and the 2001.

I've got a new built Avante on the shelf and another two still in the boxes, so not worried if they don't release it again!

• Like 3

In my opinion yes, the Avante will be rereleased in some year.

Max

I;m hoping it comes back , i would like to get two this time . They were not that cheap to buy

3 or more at one time . They need to make the high cost ones for a few years , so we can save up to get 

one OR a LOT more . 

It took them 12 years to re-re-re the Top Force. So maybe sometime beyond 2020. I love re releases even if I have them already. Brings down the prices for all toy lovers!

I honestly hope so. These prices on ebay are absolutely ridiculous