eradinus

Will the Avante 2011 be re released?

I agree, the Avante is a special car and also an expensive one that a lot of us need more time to justify the cost for... I was slow and missed out, but wouldn't make that mistake again if they released it again.

It does pose the question though about how many units they would project to move to justify another run of any model. 1,000? 2,500? 5,000? more? I love the idea of us being able to help them decide with a commitment towards a re-re from members. It's a very unlikely thought, but a nice one to have. For instance, I wouldn't hesitate to put a deposit down of say $200 and commit to purchase a re-re Porsche 959 even if it took over 12 months to get to me. However would 500+ of us committing cold hard cash move the dial at all? Probably not.

12 minutes ago, JNSD1 said:

.................... However would 500+ of us committing cold hard cash move the dial at all? Probably not.

If they all lived in Japan possibly. Otherwise probably not.

Even though I just won another 2011 and Black Special this is epic news in my book. However I'm a bit confused by the japanese domestic market reference. Surely they wouldn't do a super small production run and only release it in Japan? Or is that exactly the kind of thing they would do? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Robert5000 said:

Even though I just won another 2011 and Black Special this is epic news in my book. However I'm a bit confused by the japanese domestic market reference. Surely they wouldn't do a super small production run and only release it in Japan? Or is that exactly the kind of thing they would do? 

It's exactly what they did the last time. They did another production run a couple of years ago and none of the kits made it out of Japan. Even the HK sellers didn't get any of them. I managed to get one of them from Banzai so hopefully they will get some from this new production run too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wandy said:

It's exactly what they did the last time. They did another production run a couple of years ago and none of the kits made it out of Japan. Even the HK sellers didn't get any of them. I managed to get one of them from Banzai so hopefully they will get some from this new production run too.

Oh noes! That is completely the wrong answer @Wandy Don't worry, they are sure to give this widespread distribution would've been way better! :D 

But unless they show these kits during the ongoing fair I'm guessing you're spot on. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Robert5000 said:

Oh noes! That is completely the wrong answer @Wandy Don't worry, they are sure to give this widespread distribution would've been way better! :D 

But unless they show these kits during the ongoing fair I'm guessing you're spot on. 

Lol, sorry I couldn't give you the answer you are looking for. Your best bet is Banzai Hobby or ebay seller samurai-japan-2009. He is a superb Japanese seller who regularly stocks kits and parts only available to the JDM. Might be worth sending him a PM to ask if he will be sourcing any of these kits. He got his hands on a few of the last JDM run of the Avante.

• Like 1

I didn't know it was like this for the Avante. I saw it in stock as late as 2014 when I was in Japan. And were they cheap! Didn't buy any though. RC Champ Osaka is huge though. Definitely worth a visit. 

8 hours ago, Wandy said:

Lol, sorry I couldn't give you the answer you are looking for. Your best bet is Banzai Hobby or ebay seller samurai-japan-2009. He is a superb Japanese seller who regularly stocks kits and parts only available to the JDM. Might be worth sending him a PM to ask if he will be sourcing any of these kits. He got his hands on a few of the last JDM run of the Avante.

Banzai would have been the best way. But they have stopped selling Tamiya.

The euro and US tamiya distribution channels kicked up a fuss and they can't sell outside Japan anymore. 

Glad I got 2 x 2011 T-shirt kits and purchased the Titanium screw sets at the same time when they were released .

I have a 2001 Shelfer in my display cabinet everybody who see the cars on display always go for the Avante ,its pure eye candy to look at ...truth be told I do have a soft spot for this kit as well..

Hope it does get -re again or is it re-re-re :huh:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Wandy said:

No worries, you've redeemed yourself by telling me where to possibly source some :) Will check with my LHS today to see if they've even heard of this. If that's a no starter I'll seek out the samurai. Fingers still crossed for proper distribution of these kits though! 

1 hour ago, Swarm said:

I have a 2001 Shelfer in my display cabinet everybody who see the cars on display always go for the Avante ,its pure eye candy to look at ...truth be told I do have a soft spot for this kit as well..

Agreed, the Avante (in all it's guises,) is distilled awesomeness. My nephews are convinced it's the best kit in the history of the universe. The three-year old exclaimed that it "goes rally fast fast fast!." When I asked why he thought so he started pointing and poking at the box going "loooook at IT, looook AT IT!" so it's fair to say the Tamiya designers knew how to appeal to boys of all ages. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cplus said:

The euro and US tamiya distribution channels kicked up a fuss and they can't sell outside Japan anymore. 

God I was wondering what happened to Banzai, they were literally the best. Sadness washes over me.

6 hours ago, madmickmalone said:

those are the prices if you drop by their shop, say you are "gaijin", show your passport, say hi to the friendly man behind the counter. it means you don't pay tax. and you lug it all the way back home.

in USD terms, a Boomerang at under USD 100. A Bigwig at around USD 120. How nice. I'm only going Japan in Oct though, so it might not be available anymore by then!

Avante, Boomerang, Bigwig, Fox and Top Force and it's only Febuary.

The Schumacher Cat has been announced, I think that there may be some other big name re re's from other company's soon and Tamiya has upped the ante, or Mr Tamiya just wants me to get divorced

It's exciting to see the chance that those cars might be rereleased BUT, IMO a big part of the attraction of Tamiya cars is the ability to buy the parts to repair them!  I like to buy, build, run, repair not just buy and stick away in a box on the shelf.  What worries me is that if I go to the troulbe of sourcing a Boomerang from an Ebay seller in Japan - what happens when I break a part?   I really like the ability to log in to European webshops and buy parts to keep my cars running...  so I hope they announce a bigger rerelease than JDM only or else it's only 50% good news.

• Like 3

On 2/2/2017 at 0:14 PM, Wandy said:

Mr Tamiya is going re-re crazy....Avante, Boomerang, Fox all getting another run.

http://www.redrc.net/2017/02/tamiya-re-release-more-former-re-releases/

No, simply we old aged modellers are the best customers.

Probably young people don't like r/c models like us so Tamiya is curing us.

Max

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cplus said:

Ah, I didn't know that. It's a while since I bought anything from them but their prices were great.

Looks like ebay is the only way of getting them then. And even if they are available for an inflated price I'm sure they will be cheaper than the £500+ being routinely asked for on there at the moment.

I suppose the younger generation aren't so much into aged 80s radio control or details. Tamiyas need time to fix, perform relatively poorly, and are have bad value to feature ratio. For example, a Bruiser cost more than a Traxxas Summit. The Summit is way more durable, travels more terrain, and has way more features. Lockable axles, gear change on the fly. Put a brushless into a Summit and it flies. Put one into a Bruiser and it bruises itself. 

Yeah can confirm that Banzai are in trouble with Tamiya, got a PM from them: "Thanks for your email and your inquiry. Unfortunately, we are currently having problems with Tamiya supply and we cannot provide Tamiya products. We are trying to resolve the issue but we don't know exactly when we can source them again. We apologize any inconvenience we may be causing. If you have any further inquiries or questions, please do not hesitate to contact us."

DAM IT!

I have tried emailing RCmart and Stella. RCmart gave a generic reply, while Stella has not replied to my query.

2 hours ago, eradinus said:

I have tried emailing RCmart and Stella. RCmart gave a generic reply, while Stella has not replied to my query.

i also contacted rcmart,and i sent the ad,as they haven't heard of any news.