eradinus

Will the Avante 2011 be re released?

By the way: beware of this shop:http://www.umarocane.com/tamiya-avante-2011-black-special-84270-p-1574.html (picture is wrong)

They also pretend to have 84270 still in stock ( i wrote them an email- they confirmed :lol: ) . But this shop is fake, copied from an autralian onliner. It's quite obvious when you see the low prizes of most items;-)

So hands off!

16 minutes ago, SRB Bloke said:

TC subscriber discount ??????

Yep. You get 10% discount for being a paid up member of TC.

Tamiyausa announced the avante is coming. Now do I want one? I had one as a kid and to be honest it was over engineered junk that broke. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wandy said:

Yep. You get 10% discount for being a paid up member of TC.

Do you have to put a code in. 

6 hours ago, Rb4276 said:

Tamiyausa announced the avante is coming. Now do I want one? I had one as a kid and to be honest it was over engineered junk that broke. 

The 1988 version belongs on the shelf. The 2011 version is better for running, but still pretty terrible. Very sloppy steering still---needs a gyro to cure it. In terms of manufacturing, I suppose the materials were rather exquisite for the time. In terms of engineering, the car isn't anywhere as intricate as the 3-speed trucks. 

"Extravagant" would be my take on it. 

As a bashing buggy, it's junk. But people still like it, including myself!

2 hours ago, Rexv5 said:

Just ordered at fusion hobbies come to 357.50 at checkout 

That would make it 393.25 before discount - how have you managed that?

5 hours ago, huasze said:

As a bashing buggy, it's junk. But people still like it, including myself!

It's a Masterpiece.

So I banged in a nail & hung it on my wall.

Looks better & more interesting than any Renoir! ^_^

7 hours ago, Rexv5 said:

Just ordered at fusion hobbies come to 357.50 at checkout 

4 hours ago, March75 said:

That would make it 393.25 before discount - how have you managed that?

£357.50 is the ex VAT price.

If you select a non-VAT qualifying country at checkout it shows this price.

I missed this the first time around so am happy they are coming back.  Ordered most of the parts for the Egress steering and ball diffs last night so I can add during the build.  

1 hour ago, tamiya3speed said:

I missed this the first time around so am happy they are coming back.  Ordered most of the parts for the Egress steering and ball diffs last night so I can add during the build.  

Please don't shoot me, but I'm no expert on the Avante, can someone point me in the right direction of parts numbers for available upgrades, didn't realise the egress steering was better...  :huh:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SRB Bloke said:

Please don't shoot me, but I'm no expert on the Avante, can someone point me in that the direction of parts numbers for available upgrades, didn't realise the egress steering was better...  :huh:

I want to build mine as a runner so also interested in any upgrades, especially ones that improve it's durability!

• Like 1

Believe me I'm no expert either.  I read it mentioned a few times about the differences in the steering set-ups and figured I would order the parts while I could readily get them.  The Egress set-up uses bearing supported bellcranks and a carbon plate vs the Avante's multiple steel plates and bellcranks.  Is it that much better though?  Time will tell I guess.  I got most of the parts for $65 shipped so not so bad but I need to spend another $15 or so dierctly with Tamiya to finish them off.  

• Like 1

I made a big list of the parts needed but it is scratched on the back of an envelope so may be a bit tough to decipher.  I can clean it up if you would like?  Last nights order was from one of the kit splitters on ebay.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tamiya3speed said:

I made a big list of the parts needed but it is scratched on the back of an envelope so may be a bit tough to decipher.  I can clean it up if you would like?  Last nights order was from one of the kit splitters on ebay.

Any list will help me :)  you'll have to post pics when the parts arrive..

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 4:09 PM, Rb4276 said:

How did I miss this? Where did you read this? Now I'm thinking maybe I wont go for an Egress. I had a Black edition but I sold it. Felt bad for beating it so much!

8 hours ago, tamiya3speed said:

Believe me I'm no expert either.  I read it mentioned a few times about the differences in the steering set-ups and figured I would order the parts while I could readily get them.  The Egress set-up uses bearing supported bellcranks and a carbon plate vs the Avante's multiple steel plates and bellcranks.  Is it that much better though?  Time will tell I guess.  I got most of the parts for $65 shipped so not so bad but I need to spend another $15 or so dierctly with Tamiya to finish them off.  

It's much of a muchness... IMHO improvement is minor, not $80 worth :ph34r:

You get most of that same added "accuracy" by just changing to a better servo saver with cups&balls and a proper 3mm threaded rod. 

Avante is twitchy because of wide front tyres and short wheelbase. If you use narrower fronts it's less twitchy.

Front shock angle would work better more upright too... as stock it's both too stiff when nose is up but outer side collapses when leaning into a corner. 

What about the 3 alloy upgrades available at Pargustore. ??

Are they worth investing in ?     I'm going to get the Avante but I've never seen a kit so I'm not sure what parts they are replacing. :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, GTodd said:

How did I miss this? Where did you read this? Now I'm thinking maybe I wont go for an Egress. I had a Black edition but I sold it. Felt bad for beating it so much!

Tamiya usa's facebook page

My biggest regret of my entire Tamiya life (and it's a long life!)is selling my avante 2011:unsure:  to this day I still don't understand why I sold it! Even when I handed it over at the post office  remember thinking "why am I doing this" and to add insult to injury the guy emailed me to whinge that the writing on the side wall of one of the tyres (one letter!:rolleyes:) was smudge!. Normally something like that wouldn't even make me bat an eyelid but that just annoyed me simply because I straight away didn't want to let it go! And now I can't justify spending that much money on replacing it!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SRB Bloke said:

What about the 3 alloy upgrades available at Pargustore. ??

Are they worth investing in ?     I'm going to get the Avante but I've never seen a kit so I'm not sure what parts they are replacing. :rolleyes:

which 3 alloy upgrades? I found 6 listed for "Avante"

2001 arm mount

2001 shock towers

2001 chassis & top deck

2011 rod ends e2 e3

2011 steering idlers

alloy wing...?! :blink:

Rod ends in alloy... Is that only to make them look same as the other ends? Otherwise I've never seems them break, not without a ton of other breakage everywhere else too.

Same with steering idlers in alloy... plastic works fine, not a common weak spot; it don't look like they've put ballbearings to ride on which would be improvement.

Real & only weak spot on Avante is plastic steering knuckles, their ears get knocked off quite easily. YR once made alloy knuckles back when Av2011 got re-re'd but haven't seen many around since; YR was good value.

The O-hub it screws too also gets bent in the original potmetal but rere is now billet alloy. Shouldn't need upgrading.

Front gearbox shock ears also get knocked off quite common but that's similar risk to most other buggies.

And those big black hubcap wheel nuts, they're useless - only good for looks... get knocked twice and they start splitting! Replace them with normal flanged nyloc nuts if you're racing.

• Like 1