eradinus

Will the Avante 2011 be re released?

Willy, you seem to have some good knowledge on these.  I'm curious if there were ever issues cracking the top deck where the long link for the rear suspension mounts?  Obviously that was changed by the time they got to the Egress but I wasn't sure if it was due to durability or something else.

I can tell you the original i had everything on the front end would break. Granted this was 1990 so i dont remember everything but always the front had issues. I didnt even bash, it became so ridiculous i would only drive it on the street and it would still have issues. I,cant complain i got it for $99 out of rc car action with no technigold motor as a blowout.  I soon gave it to a friend for video games

5 hours ago, Rb4276 said:

Tamiya usa's facebook page

Thanks bud, I didn't even know they had a facebook page.

On 24/02/2017 at 10:57 PM, Wandy said:

Yep. You get 10% discount for being a paid up member of TC.

How do get the discount I can't see a way to do it, I'm a paid up member. 

16 hours ago, SRB Bloke said:

How do get the discount I can't see a way to do it, I'm a paid up member. 

You need to message them via their contact page and quote your TC username and membership number (the number in the top right hand corner, next to your username, when you are logged on within the TC main page). They will then send you a discount code to use for when you checkout.

• Like 1

Paid for my order at hobby search today, they're showing as in stock (although at a higher price) - now just the wait for delivery!

On 17 March 2017 at 0:44 PM, bindarrian said:

Paid for my order at hobby search today, they're showing as in stock (although at a higher price) - now just the wait for delivery!

...and now they're sold out.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, bindarrian said:

...and now they're sold out.

Does anyone know if this release again is going to be a short run or is going to be a general release?

15 hours ago, moffman said:

Does anyone know if this release again is going to be a short run or is going to be a general release?

Who knows with Tamiya. Initially it was a Limited run for Japan only, but since it's been extended to the rest of the world I presume it's a larger production run. How large is anyone's guess - I didn't acquire one on the previous release so I wasn't going to miss out this time.

Just before i buy the parts i need ( not that they are expensive parts) I've finished off the re-re avante that i got off eBay (still can't believe what a steal it was:)) but the cam locks on it don't lock they just flop open i think i know why but I'm not sure i think he's trimmed the locks to much?, The question is can they be fixed or do i just buy new F parts? it's just the cam lock stickers come with the decals and i don't intend buying new decals aswell:)!

15 hours ago, moffman said:

Just before i buy the parts i need ( not that they are expensive parts) I've finished off the re-re avante that i got off eBay (still can't believe what a steal it was:)) but the cam locks on it don't lock they just flop open i think i know why but I'm not sure i think he's trimmed the locks to much?, The question is can they be fixed or do i just buy new F parts? it's just the cam lock stickers come with the decals and i don't intend buying new decals aswell:)!

if you're talking about the little tabs that pivot on the tiny screw... there's a springy finger in the "wheel cap" that resists their flopping. 

not unknown for the fingers to lose tension, black plastic gets brittle and the wheelnut part cracks too

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WillyChang said:

if you're talking about the little tabs that pivot on the tiny screw... there's a springy finger in the "wheel cap" that resists their flopping. 

not unknown for the fingers to lose tension, black plastic gets brittle and the wheelnut part cracks too

Thanks! I'll have a closer look but it probably looks as though the spring has gone on them it's strange how they all have gone so I'm thinking they've been doctored in some way probably by mistake^_^!

Ok so I've pulled the trigger and finally purchased one! Excitement builds...

Question for the brains trust, what are people using to power this bad boy from an electronics perspective?

• Motor
  • ESC
  • Servo
  • Battery

Be great to hear what people are using. Pumped to finally have one after alllllllllllllllll these years. (Also went ahead and purchased a Futaba 4PV.... GAH!)

It is being re released this year along with the novafox and boomerang 😊😊

On Tuesday, January 24, 2017 at 0:00 AM, eradinus said:

www.rcjaz.com has them you can pay in different currencies 

Stella's shipping to the US was $89 so I just back ordered mine from Omni Models, $465.99 and use $40 off coupon code from their site and free shipping. I waited long enough to finally get an Avante so a couple more weeks isn't going to kill me. . . At least I hope it doesn't? lol

On ‎27‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 10:31 PM, WillyChang said:

which 3 alloy upgrades? I found 6 listed for "Avante"

2001 arm mount

2001 shock towers

2001 chassis & top deck

2011 rod ends e2 e3

2011 steering idlers

alloy wing...?! :blink:

Rod ends in alloy... Is that only to make them look same as the other ends? Otherwise I've never seems them break, not without a ton of other breakage everywhere else too.

Same with steering idlers in alloy... plastic works fine, not a common weak spot; it don't look like they've put ballbearings to ride on which would be improvement.

Real & only weak spot on Avante is plastic steering knuckles, their ears get knocked off quite easily. YR once made alloy knuckles back when Av2011 got re-re'd but haven't seen many around since; YR was good value.

The O-hub it screws too also gets bent in the original potmetal but rere is now billet alloy. Shouldn't need upgrading.

Front gearbox shock ears also get knocked off quite common but that's similar risk to most other buggies.

And those big black hubcap wheel nuts, they're useless - only good for looks... get knocked twice and they start splitting! Replace them with normal flanged nyloc nuts if you're racing.

My Avante 2011 has had very little track time BUT the rear suspension trailing link alloy joint has already

I have ran my 2011 Avante very little and mostly to get it race worthy. To my surprise the alloy ball joints from rear trailing link flogged out within that time. Had to buy a bag of them from e bay which cost a small fortune.  The RD steering set was a must have to me as well as a heap of other bits to make it drivable lol.  Awesome buggy.

I just received my Yeah Racing front and rear hubs today.  Now just need to wait on the buggy!!  Any word from US sources?  Tower went from early April to order pending recently.  I called my LHS and he didn't have any updates as to when he would get my order.

• Like 1

Guess what turned up today?

917E35D9-8247-4ABB-A430-C6380E43B43F_zps

4AD140DF-A4E1-4EFF-A4B8-B23D4F16DCCA_zps

281E7324-DFF1-4A10-9525-60D12B6F1A38_zps

86FB0C8F-23F5-444A-BCE8-64581C913B75_zps

So excited... So the question remains from before:

Question for the brains trust, what are people using to power this bad boy from an electronics perspective?

• Motor
  • ESC
  • Servo
  • Battery

Be great to hear what people are using.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, jupitertwo said:

That 4PV looks sexy! Must resist temptation though as I have a 4PLS

Yeah I used to have a 4PK and when I tried to get out of the hobby for the third time got rid of it. Then got a cheap Turnigy and couldn't bring myself to use it with this magnificent buggy.

After some research pulled the trigger on this, Banzai had an amazing deal on it with a free case and 2 receivers so pulled the trigger.

Always been a huge fan of Futaba, and this is no exception. Feels great in the hand and is a beautiful piece of exipment. Would recommend 10/10.

• Like 1

Tower went from On Order to Early April to Late May in the last day or so.  Hopefully it doesnt go much farther out than that!