Sign in to follow this  
BiggusDitchus

Setup tips for F201

I have just bought the hop up shocks for the F201, as i have a total hatred of the kit ones, Does anyone have any tips on what weight oil i should put in the shocks.

c'mon someone out there must have raced or used one of these beauties in anger, I desperately need help with set up tips. PLEASE![:D]

i don't know what weight to put in the option shocks, but 5000wt ( Mugen diff oil) works good in the standard kit shocks. Put in something that makes the shocks VERY stiff, my friend ran like this at Snetterton last week with good results.

Dave (disco)

Hi guys,

Just a quickie - is it me, or can you not change the pinion gear on the F201 to a different size? My car seems to lack a lot of top end, compared to to F103, so it is time to start playing with settings. . .

Matthew Sprange

Wow, pretty comprehensive setup info there,

but a question - maybe I'm stupid, but having never done any racing (soon to change), what is meant by dual rates in the radio section?

A dual rate basically allows you to turn down the amount of steering throw from your transmitter. I think the name comes from the time when the dual rate would have been a switch, so you could switch in half the steering throw while racing.

Usually these days it means a knob that you can adjust to reduce the amount of steering you have while racing. If when racing you find the car is very twitchy or even spinning out on corners you have 2 options. The first is to try and drive more carefully, using smaller steering inputs on the stick or steerwheel. Alternatively you can wind down your steering on the car using the dual rate, which means you can still steer as you normally would but the servo movements in the car would be less sensitive.

Another trick I have done with my dual rate transmitter is to fit an oversize servo saver on a standard servo and then set the dual rate so that the servo only moves from lock to lock and does not go beyond that, which overloads the servo. This will actually speed up the steering (with a reduction in torque) as the servo is not turning as far as it normally would, so the steering moves faster from lock to lock.