Sign in to follow this  
Illogical

TA-03 spares

Has anyone got any TA-03 spares or tuning hop-ups they would be happy to sell?

Specifically I could use a spur gear and the battery stay - I only have a body pin to keep the batery in place for the moment :(

s-l1600.jpg

What sort of power can these gearboxes handle? Can I fit a 5.5T brushless system or is that asking for trouble?

I have 11 new built TA03's for sale, 8 or 9 of them with most of the Tamiya hop-ups available for the TA03. I also have most parts loose. Drop me a PM if interested.

13 hours ago, Illogical said:

Has anyone got any TA-03 spares or tuning hop-ups they would be happy to sell?

Specifically I could use a spur gear and the battery stay - I only have a body pin to keep the batery in place for the moment :(

What sort of power can these gearboxes handle? Can I fit a 5.5T brushless system or is that asking for trouble?

Yours looks like a TA03 RS swb?

Chassis and drivetrain (with full ballbearings) can survive pretty crazy power but you'll probably not be able to control it enough to enjoy it :P we've had 5.5 in an 03F (lwb) before.

Sweetspot on TA03 is about midteens brushed say 15-17T. Brushless equivalent about a 10.5T is nice. Too much punch/torque makes the belt skip so a softer smoother style is better... in brushed world a triple or quad wind is nice, dial down the ESC punch.

For battery clip... y'know those tips you chop off your bodyposts?? ;) or the wooden chopsticks from your sushi lunch, chop off an inch of suitable girth & stuff into hole. Or I sometimes just gaffer' it in :ph34r:

Sign in to follow this