ralphee

Tamiya Top Force Re-re-really!

So i wonder , what they have updated ? . as it says updated re re .

Does anyone know Or did i miss something . 

As per the Tamiya USA site, "The Top-Force is back! This is a limited-edition re-issue of the Top-Force (2005) model, with one minor change - different tires are now included."

On 05/02/2017 at 6:35 PM, vtecboost said:

As per the Tamiya USA site, "The Top-Force is back! This is a limited-edition re-issue of the Top-Force (2005) model, with one minor change - different tires are now included."

So by that do they mean that this release comes with an additional set of tyres? Or that the one set of tyres supplied are different to the vintage and 2006 re-release? 

Mmmm they probably dropped the spire spikes and will include the square spikes, yikes. :wacko:

4 hours ago, waterbok said:

Mmmm they probably dropped the spire spikes and will include the square spikes, yikes. :wacko:

I did notice that on the show pics.  They could be considered a TF Evo upgrade yeah  :D

6 hours ago, Thommo said:

I did notice that on the show pics.  They could be considered a TF Evo upgrade yeah  :D

Nope, Evo has the spire spikes real upgrade would be dual blocks. Don't like those square spike. 

6 hours ago, waterbok said:

Nope, Evo has the spire spikes real upgrade would be dual blocks. Don't like those square spike. 

Ahhh my mistake !  Yeah square spikes are now a display only tyre for me.  I'd rather put $4 HSP tyres on runners than waste glue on square spikes.

4 hours ago, chickenman242tk said:

That car in the pic has square spikes, spire spikes seem to be being phased out , square spikes are much easier to obtain

Roger that, I cleaned out Stanbridges (local reference) of their spire spike stock about 6 years ago.  They were hard to get even then.

So what's the thinking behind this? Are the square spikes a better performing tyre?

They are both toast the spire and the square spikes, but the spire are the ones that originally came with the TF evolution and will be getting dry and brittle. So as Tamiya appear to have stopped the production of the spire type $$

Not much use for running as both wear quick on hard surfaces.

• Like 1

Hopefully there will be a Pre-Order at Tamico soon.

I will buy plenty of them.

Missed out on the last release and have to stock up this time.

So looking forward!

And, please Mr. T, give us a Re-Release of the Evolution now. It's only a small step now. ;-)

ernieks

pre-ordered mine from fusion hobbies

just need to wait now for release.

Knowing Tamiya its probably been updated with a T-shirt and glow in the dark wheels :P 

• Like 1

Don't confuse updated with up-rated.  It could just be the date (2017) that makes it updated..... :D 

• Like 1

It's been updated/uprated with new tyres but don't know if that's the original tyre as well as new tyres? But when the original was released it was the time in my life I had to join the real world (kids, mortgage, bills bills.......Oh and more bills!:rolleyes:) you know all the nasty stuff which stops you from investing in ya RC cars!, So although I loved the look of it, that's all I managed to do (is look at it) and the re-re passed me by because said children (bless them:rolleyes:) had to have  clothes and food etc! so unfortunately like I said the re-re also passed me by! SO THIS TIME one is mine I'm not greedy just want one!:D

• Like 3

Did anyone already spot spare parts for sale? I'm looking for a bodyshell and undertray.

Seidel is listing them (not in stock yet) but wow Jparts & alloy chassis bits a tenner, lower frp 15, body 25 and cowl 19€.

conversions will come cheap this year. Got enough DF chassis

:D