ralphee

Tamiya Top Force Re-re-really!

On 2017-6-14 at 9:44 PM, Robert5000 said:

Wow, the Evo is here at the 22nd? That was quick!

Yeah you wish! IF we get the evo I'll put money on it won't be this year! And hopefully my (not yet received) top force will have the option parts already on it.......or they don't bother re-re'ing the evo and just do a conversion kit for the standard car (that's what I'm hoping)

Supposed to land at Modelsport tomorrow now. Odds on it being pushed back yet again? They must be the biggest supplier in the UK and they are well behind other European outlets. Reminded the wife that I said that I'd be getting 2 models this year and this was landing soon. Hopefully shipped tomorrow and with me on Friday but I doubt it.

Carl.

I just received my dispatch notification from Fusion Hobbies on the Top Force. Should arrive tomorrow or day after. Looking forward to it!

• Like 1

Just received a mail to tell me that my order has been processed and will be dispatched shortly. Also showing good stock on Modelsport site now.

Looks like I may have it for the weekend.

Carl.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, drcarlos said:

Just received a mail to tell me that my order has been processed and will be dispatched shortly. Also showing good stock on Modelsport site now.

Looks like I may have it for the weekend.

Carl.

Me tooooooo!!!! I've asked for a Friday delivery coooooool!😁😁😁

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, moffman said:

Me tooooooo!!!! I've asked for a Friday delivery coooooool!😁😁😁

Picking mine up tomorrow on the way home from work from a drop shop, love DPD they seem to be the best courier out there.

Carl.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, drcarlos said:

Picking mine up tomorrow on the way home from work from a drop shop, love DPD they seem to be the best courier out there.

Carl.

Yeah they are good! But I'm lazy and I want it dropped at my house 😉!

1 hour ago, moffman said:

Yeah they are good! But I'm adventerous and want to see how they'll botch the delivery this time 😉!

Props on being brave! 

Hopefully this mean they won't take too long to make it to these shores. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robert5000 said:

Props on being brave! 

Hopefully this mean they won't take too long to make it to these shores. 

It's DPD that's delivering mine! They are really good (now I can breathe a sigh of relief))😂😂

• Like 1

This beautiful little lot turned up today😄😁!,  And that's what's been waiting to go in it! I like to keep brushed motors in all my re-re's they look a lot more interesting (IMO), I'm going box art(ish) 

IMG_20170622_104903.jpg

IMG_20170622_105006.jpg

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Robert5000 said:

Not on the roof then I take it :) Congrats! @moffman

11 turn, that should give it some urgency :)

Nope not on the roof! Hate sounding like I'm winging but he never waited until I got to the door!..........he was in his van🚚! it was at the front door no signature, never mind it's in my possession now😉! I've had a a lot of the Tamiya motors and again imo this is the best brushed motor they have ever done! I had it in my avante but that's got the original motor it came with back in it!

33 minutes ago, moffman said:

Nope not on the roof! Hate sounding like I'm winging but he never waited until I got to the door!..........he was in his van🚚! it was at the front door no signature, never mind it's in my possession now😉! I've had a a lot of the Tamiya motors and again imo this is the best brushed motor they have ever done! I had it in my avante but that's got the original motor it came with back in it!

So I have to wait another day for mine, just got an email from MS and DPD saying they have received my request to change delivery date to tomorrow, WTAF? No change from me at all I rearranged it yesterday and it was accepted. Seems i spoke too soon about then being half decent. Sent a tweet to find out why.

Carl.

• Like 1

I've always had nothing but brilliant service from modelsport never had any problems whatsoever!, They probably have some cross wire's somebody else is probably getting there's today when they have asked for a Friday delivery..... unfortunately we're only human☺!

7 minutes ago, moffman said:

I've always had nothing but brilliant service from modelsport never had any problems whatsoever!, They probably have some cross wire's somebody else is probably getting there's today when they have asked for a Friday delivery..... unfortunately we're only human☺!

Definitely not the case this time. My parcel dispatched and tracked from MS yesterday and landing at local depot very AM this morning. Then nothing until around 11:30 when delivery date was apparently changed at my request (which is not true), this is a DPD screw up and my guess is that my parcel didn't make it onto their van so they changed it's delivery date. It's not the end of the world as I'm working at home tomorrow and the drop shop is about 3 miles away, but it's the whole thing that instead of apologising it has been made out to be me that changed it.

Carl.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, drcarlos said:

Definitely not the case this time. My parcel dispatched and tracked from MS yesterday and landing at local depot very AM this morning. Then nothing until around 11:30 when delivery date was apparently changed at my request (which is not true), this is a DPD screw up and my guess is that my parcel didn't make it onto their van so they changed it's delivery date. It's not the end of the world as I'm working at home tomorrow and the drop shop is about 3 miles away, but it's the whole thing that instead of apologising it has been made out to be me that changed it.

Carl.

Oh sorry I thought you meant it was a mix up at modelsport (which I thought was a bit odd!) Oh courier's 😣, I was talking to my postman about all these courier companies that have popped up everywhere and he explained to me that there is a law called the "universal postal obligation" which believe it or not only the UK postal service (royal mail) has to sign up to which has so many rule and regulations about how it delivers and operates but stupidly these courier companies don't have to sign up to it? So they can do basically (like in your case) what they like!......crazy😕!

58 minutes ago, moffman said:

Oh sorry I thought you meant it was a mix up at modelsport (which I thought was a bit odd!) Oh courier's 😣, I was talking to my postman about all these courier companies that have popped up everywhere and he explained to me that there is a law called the "universal postal obligation" which believe it or not only the UK postal service (royal mail) has to sign up to which has so many rule and regulations about how it delivers and operates but stupidly these courier companies don't have to sign up to it? So they can do basically (like in your case) what they like!......crazy😕!

I think if i'd paid for next day delivery i'd be going after MS for a refund, but as it's free delivery no mileage in that. I can just make DPD uncomfortable a bit.

On the model have you got the alloy motor mount yet? I read it was kind of essential for anything more than silver can. Mine is here, along with all the bearings, a metal geared servo, SR410 receiver, A trackstar 8.5T brushless motor and 60amp speedo. I've got the core RC metallic green paint which I am told is the same as Tamiya, just in a larger can at £2 a can less.

Carl.

• Like 1

Mine arrived from Fusion today. Finally rectified the mistake I made in selling my 2006 re-release.

ce19d06367d72a316e8b65780ecd38ed_zpsahqs

• Like 3

LHS just called, mine is on its way from California.  Won't be here for five days or so but at least it will be here soon.

5 hours ago, drcarlos said:

I think if i'd paid for next day delivery i'd be going after MS for a refund, but as it's free delivery no mileage in that. I can just make DPD uncomfortable a bit.

On the model have you got the alloy motor mount yet? I read it was kind of essential for anything more than silver can. Mine is here, along with all the bearings, a metal geared servo, SR410 receiver, A trackstar 8.5T brushless motor and 60amp speedo. I've got the core RC metallic green paint which I am told is the same as Tamiya, just in a larger can at £2 a can less.

Carl.

I never thought of a alloy motor mount (nice call thanks for the heads up) I'm not sure if mine is going to be all green yet I'm thinking doing a twist on the green few ideas running around my head😋

• Like 1

Interested to hear your 'twist'...!

top force arrived today. Considering what to do with it. Kind of keen to go mental and try an Evo conversion but that way madness lies...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ALEXKYRIAK said:

Interested to hear your 'twist'...!

top force arrived today. Considering what to do with it. Kind of keen to go mental and try an Evo conversion but that way madness lies...

I done this twist with my Optima but I'm not sure if I can pull my thought off with the top force I'll build it first then turn to the body!

IMG_20160501_084025.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, moffman said:

I done this twist with my Optima but I'm not sure if I can pull my thought off with the top force I'll build it first then turn to the body!

IMG_20160501_084025.jpg

I always went with a twist when I was younger, now i'm older I've become a stickler for Box art. The top force body will be box art but I'm going to also get a repro for racing that I'll do in some other scheme (probably from left over paints).

Carl.

• Like 2

Defo box art! the green is really good colour but I've got something in mind which i got from looking at the excellent box! If you look at it the art work on the box is pearlescent so I'm thinking getting the spray gun out and mixing a bit paint or doing flip paint haven't decided yet I did a lunchbox body the other week and I used the Tamiya chrome yellow instead of the recommended yellow and it was an absolute perfect match to the box art!😉!